Struggle phase
Please get rid of "tap 'x' to struggle". I play this game too often under the influence, or with friends who are new to this game who have difficulties tapping a button quickly. I play on xbox. It makes this chill game tougher than it needs to be. The struggle mechanic makes the game require much more concentration than it usually does as survivor.
Comments
I feel like they implemented that mechanic so you actually feel like you're struggling for your life. Nonetheless though, it is annoying. I have occasional lag spikes on PS4 and get frustrated that I die because of poor optimization/and or the over-the-top struggle phase, whatever you want to blame it on.
Unfortunately, the devs have said numerous times they want players to feel the pressure of struggle phase. So I don't think that mechanic will change anytime soon.
That makes sense what they are going for then, that you are struggling for your life. Nonetheless, I believe it is unnecessary 'realism' that doesn't actually add to the immersion at all, just an annoyance. Love the game though.
So I brought this up to the devs on twitch the other day, and they said...
"it is being discussed currently internally"
Let's be honest... it's not immersion and it's not necessary anymore. It's just outdated and tedious for no reason. Also grooms players to give up on hook
I've said many times that the devs should take a cue from the Silent Hill chapter and replace the struggle phase with progressively harder skill checks like with the Cages of Atonement on Pyramidhead. Then you aren't just mindlessly mashing a key and the pressure increases the longer you are struggling as the skill checks become harder. You would actually have to pay attention if you wanted to stay alive.
This. I can't tell you how many times I've been on struggle phase only for my tapping to not register once or twice or my scroll wheel stop functioning due to playing so often. I'd love to have the skill checks that get progressively more difficult instead of smacking space or breaking my scroll wheel.