A Movement to Increase Bloodpoint Gains 2: Electric Boogaloo
The first discussion on increasing blood point gains: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153252/a-movement-to-increase-bloodpoint-gains
I've been wanting to bring this discussion to light as I find is as relevant now as it was back in the may of 2020, I believe that it is necessary to bring up the fact that the farming of BP has become an immensely gruelling and time consuming task more than it ever was.
I really have a deep passion for dead by daylight and have been playing casually on and off for many years, only really getting heavily invested in it over the past year an a half due to quarantine restrictions. Through as many of us know, the game isn't perfect and seems to always have issues every patch, the immense pull it has is on me and many others is undeniable. However, the lack of BP gained from trials has become more and more noticeable due to the plain and simple fact that dead by daylight has much more content than it once had.
My interest in dead by daylight was declining late December and early January until the 1.5x blood rush hit and I was pulled back in as I felt as if I were being rewarded fairly for my performance and encouraged me to use offerings I had been hoarding in fear of killers I struggle against or SWF that are way beyond my skill level.
I believe that a 1.5x increase in total BP gain is not only a necessary change, but a healthy one. As new players join the dead by daylight community and become invested in the characters and gameplay, the immense challenge of sufficient and tediousness of grinding will rear its ugly head the earlier this issue is left. Not only is the issue of grinding an issue, but the cap of BP is extremely outdated and is in dire need of an upgrade (this is explained in the discussion above) I do understand that the dev are implementing all sorts of different and fun ways of earning BP such as tomes and the new rank monthly rank reward system that is being implemented soon which is an outstanding improvement, but unfortunately the overall problem is this.
The amount of BP currently earned by both survivor players and killer players is inadequate, especially for solo survivors, I do believe that if dead by daylight is to live a long and healthy life there must be change in how many BP are rewarded and how many can be kept, as much as I doubt any change will come in the near future in regards to BP, I do hope that those that have read this and the discussion posted above will realise how important it is that a reward system in a game must keep in balance with its growing size.
Thank you for taking your time to read this, I didn't have much to add as I just wished to bring up the previous thread on this topic. Please feel free to leave any constructive criticism or how you feel about the BP system.
Comments