Would I need to buy the game on steam still if cross progression?

With Switch getting cross progression soon, will I need to buy the base game on Steam? How does that work?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yes. the idea is if you buy the game on another platform where cross-progression is supported (only xbox to windows store yet as far as i know), then you can bring your progression, which includes all your characters, bp, shards, uric cells, etc. you should wait until the full details are revealed because nothing's really certain.

    This is correct and hopefully consoles like the PlayStation will one day have cross-PROGRESSION but so far Sony and steam for example are cross-PLAY only. If you own it on PlayStation then but it on pc, your pc account will be completely fresh.

  • I have DBD on PC and Playstation. Bought it two times. I have different characters on each system. Would it combine my two different progresses into one big progress or would it replace one progress with the other?

    My Playstation characters are all maxed out Prestige 3 with all perks. My PC account is pretty new so I only have all the survivors to level 50 with only two Prestiged 3, I still have a lot of grinding left to do on PC.

  • @Starr43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1889875#Comment_1889875

    This is correct and hopefully consoles like the PlayStation will one day have cross-PROGRESSION but so far Sony and steam for example are cross-PLAY only. If you own it on PlayStation then but it on pc, your pc account will be completely fresh.

    This isn't a playstation issue tho. Games like call of duty and fortnite you can keep your progress through pc and ps4. Bhvr just needs to get their ######### together

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1889922#Comment_1889922

    since we don't know how your account can be transferred to another platform, i assume it's going to be through a BHVR account.

    i heavily doubt it will combine your two progresses. instead, i think you will pick which platform to make a BHVR account on, and then login to that BHVR account on another platform to access cross-progression. kind of like how it works with fortnite on multiple platforms being linked by an epic games account.

    this is just a guess though. once again, wait until they fully reveal the FAQ and details then you'll get a certain answer.

    This makes sense. Thank you.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yes. the idea is if you buy the game on another platform where cross-progression is supported (only xbox to windows store yet as far as i know), then you can bring your progression, which includes all your characters, bp, shards, uric cells, etc. you should wait until the full details are revealed because nothing's really certain.

    I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, but is there cross-progression between Xbox and Windows Stores? I have the game on Xbox and would love to play it on PC but only if I could carry my progress and purchases over.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yes. the idea is if you buy the game on another platform where cross-progression is supported (only xbox to windows store yet as far as i know), then you can bring your progression, which includes all your characters, bp, shards, uric cells, etc. you should wait until the full details are revealed because nothing's really certain.

    I just tried it out on PC, and I’m pretty sure cross progression isn’t possible this way. Unless I did something wrong, I logged in with my Microsoft account and it gave me a fresh profile without my progress or purchases.