Replay mode?

A couple of days ago I made a really cool hookbomb against a camping Bubba. I was so close to die but got a perfect pallet stun during Bubba's chainsaw... dash?

Anyway. I was so happy for being able to pull that off. I know many people thinks that those types of stuns are easy. But I find it very hard.

But after the match, I got so annoyed because that moment was gone forever. And then I was thinking, what if there was a replay mode in DBD. If you really think about it, replays would make many things easier. It could create good memories, people can learn from replays, and reporting someone for breaking the game rules would be easier because you'll have proof. I know there are 3 different perspectives in the game(I believe), the Killers, Survivors, and the server's perspective. I don't know if that would make replay mode hard to add, but wouldn't it be possible to be able to watch replays from the server's perspective?

I don't know how stuff like that works, but this is just a thought. But let me know what you think. Would this be a good idea? ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Comments

  • I would LOVE this feature. Especially if it had cycling between players so I could see what was happening from their perspective.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I would LOVE this feature. Especially if it had cycling between players so I could see what was happening from their perspective.

    Yea that would be cool

  • This game really needs a replay feature. I know it's probably a demanding process and maybe even a heavy toll data wise to store games for like 24 hours or something to give people a chance to download them. But the community would get so much out of it. It'd also just be nice to have a match history so you could look back on how you did, I feel like that at least should've been added ages ago, the end of game summary feels like it's designed for exactly that purpose, but once you leave that screen there's no way to go back.

  • On Switch / Lite, you can hold a button immediately after whatever happened and the system will automatically record the last 30 seconds of gameplay and turn it into a rewatchable clip. Do any of the other consoles have that?

    For PC I record all of my matches and keep the best ones after review, often cutting out fun little moments like the one you describe. Check out Bandicam or OBS (I have an easier time with Bandicam myself) if you're interested.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    On Switch / Lite, you can hold a button immediately after whatever happened and the system will automatically record the last 30 seconds of gameplay and turn it into a rewatchable clip. Do any of the other consoles have that?

    For PC I record all of my matches and keep the best ones after review, often cutting out fun little moments like the one you describe. Check out Bandicam or OBS (I have an easier time with Bandicam myself) if you're interested.

    If you have Xbox Game Bar, you can record the last 5 seconds. But if you have a PC like me, it will lag a bit. And I don't know if there's a shortcut for the "Record the last 5 seconds" thing, so it takes me around 5 seconds to just click the record button xd