why were there so many unrelated and meaningless questions in that survey?
I'm just saying that knowing what we like in horror games and what games we have played and all of that how does that help them? We play this game because we like how it works and the nature of this game isn't that scary unless you get snuck up on by an undetectable killer. It's the gameplay that we like is my point and they shouldn't massively change it unless it's for balance reasons so like i said that info does nothing, that doesn't include the map reworks I actually like that they are doing that and it plays a role in balancing them.
I also hate how there were so few questions regarding how we think this game is doing in terms of balance. There was literally a broad question of do you think the game is fair and a question of how satisfied are you with the twins power and the new perks. YOU INTRODUCED NEW GAMEPLAY HAVE SOME MORE QEUSTIONS ON WHAT WE THINK OF IT, in fact that should be one of the main focuses of the survey especially regarding the new killer but you literally only had 4 questions regarding what we think of them.
In the next survey focus and have more questions on the things that the chapter added which are the killer, new or reworked maps, and perks. going through this survey the thought that kept popping up in my mind is how is this related to what they will do in dbd and i felt that a good amount of questions were not even related to this game.
Comments
Well in the end you can write whatever you want to say so that is good. Hope they read it also.
I feel like they ask broad questions since most will give neutral/positive response because it'll be specific things that upset them so less likely to go negative. It's like their stats for OoO - says nothing wrong with perk but players will give specifics on what is wrong with it.
Asking on survivor side if new perks were useful but on killer side ask if they're fun. Why not ask useful/fun for both?
I do think asking more about Twitter, newsletters, store over actual game is not good.
I am glad that they asked us about horror games, it means they are thinking about experimenting with something that can improve the game. I for one would love to see Dead by Daylight have a massive overhaul in its design, make it more scary and horrific like a real horror game, but keep the concept of the gameplay the same. Imagine traversing through Ishimura from Dead Space and running away from a Necromorph killer, playing Isaac as a survivor. I am not talking about just acquiring the license to do that, I am talking about the authentic atmosphere of Dead Space rather than what we are used to seeing in Dead by Daylight. Imagine the horror tied to that! The possibilities are endless to scare the players while fixing gens, running through scary claustrophobic hallways with grotesque environmental decorations and jumpscares, all while looking out for vents from where the killer can jump.
As much as I love Silent Hills and am happy to see Pyramid Head as a playable killer, he and his map does not scream scary. His map is just a place like any other, with more stuff crammed into it but it does not raise any emotions in me simply because what I am looking at is not horror despite Silent Hill is all about horror. Do you get what I mean or am I just throwing a ball without a catcher here?
Based on the questions presented to us, I feel like the devs think that Dead by Daylight is a scary game to many when in fact it is not at all, it is just playing with a horror theme, but it is not horror. If they are just now starting to realize the potential in shifting to a more horror-based atmosphere and gameplay, I am all up for it and have been wishing this for a very long time! I think the game would attract a larger audience if they went for it.
Honest question here.
Would you still be scared with that scenario in Dead Space after playing it for thousands of hours?
No, probably not, but I wasn't scared of the Silent Hill chapter even for 1 second, so it would be a start...
They ask questions about stuff they can’t easily gather data on in game, and the topics are probably related to internal discussions they’re having. E.g. people really want to see an improved tutorial but don’t care about gifting things to their friends in-game (or vice versa) so they now know what to prioritise if they have resources available for developing new features.
Similar with horror stuff. Do people care about the horror veneer? Is there any part of it in particular they want, sounds or graphics or more creepy lore?