Stop clowning around. RATE MY BUILD

Clown - "upside down frown"

Devour Hope

Undying

Brutal Strength

Enduring

How it plays: The idea is to not respect any pallet and hook as many people as you can. Patrolling gens far enough away from hook to get tokens for devour.

Comments

  • Personally, while Devour and Undying are great perks on Clown, Enduring and Brutal Strength aren't.

    The reason I don't find these perks great is because Clown is already strong in the chase and Devour does more work than Brutal and Enduring.

    Personally, I'd replace them with a tracking perk and a slowdown perk.

  • If you’re gonna run enduring just swap brutal for spirit fury

  • @Kolonite said:

    If you’re gonna run enduring just swap brutal for spirit fury

    Agree

  • I could maybe switch out enduring for coup de grace?

    @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Personally, while Devour and Undying are great perks on Clown, Enduring and Brutal Strength aren't.

    The reason I don't find these perks great is because Clown is already strong in the chase and Devour does more work than Brutal and Enduring.

    Personally, I'd replace them with a tracking perk and a slowdown perk.


  • @Lyonic said:

    I could maybe switch out enduring for coup de grace?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882214#Comment_1882214

    Coup de grace is a decent perk at best if you have 3 stacks of Devour, if not it's a waste of a perk slot.

  • @Lyonic said:

    Clown - "upside down frown"

    Devour Hope

    Undying

    Brutal Strength

    Enduring

    How it plays: The idea is to not respect any pallet and hook as many people as you can. Patrolling gens far enough away from hook to get tokens for devour.

    I don’t like it. Devour is a pretty terrible perk unless you have a map offering to go along with it. And clown doesn’t down people ridiculously fast or anything. Even with Undying it’s going to be mediocre. I’ve tried that combo quite a few times with limited successes. My most successful devour builds always involve Lerys, Hawkins, or Midwich.

    Brutal Strength is great for clown. I like enduring as well.

    I usually run monitor on him because if the survivors are running early you waste half your bottles just catching up to them instead of scoring hits.

    You are going to get seriously gen rushed without an early game perk like Corrupt or Discordance.

    I usually do Corrupt, Monitor, Brutal, and then either Pop or Enduring

  • I do like Devour on Clown but that build overall is not my style really. Brutal and Enduring is boring I think Discordance and STBFL would make it a better build. But I'm more in to fun builds and messing with survivors with the laughing Clown so if I would use Devour and Undying then NOED and Franklins would be my other perks. Laugh when they drop their items, laugh when they think they are safe after getting rid of Devour.

  • With new Undying Devour Hope will be good. Take out Enduring since people will pre drop pallets when facing clown so you won't get much out of it. But Brutal is good to burn through the pallets so put PGTW or Surge in place of Enduring.

  • Currently I'd say not fantastic. After the Midchapter patch where Undying lets Devour keep its stacks I'd say pretty solid assuming you're good at tracking since you haven't got any tracking perks. I am also not sure I'm convinced by Enduring. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone knows that you need to pre drop pallets vs Clown which would mean you aren't getting stunned by them.

    I'd replace Enduring for BBQ or Save the Best for Last.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Currently I'd say not fantastic. After the Midchapter patch where Undying lets Devour keep its stacks I'd say pretty solid assuming you're good at tracking since you haven't got any tracking perks. I am also not sure I'm convinced by Enduring. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone knows that you need to pre drop pallets vs Clown which would mean you aren't getting stunned by them.

    I'd replace Enduring for BBQ or Save the Best for Last.

    A ton of people like to camp pallets as well though, dropping them as you come around the corner.

    Enduring is great in those situations since you can quickly throw a bottle and slow them down again while kicking the pallet with brutal. Without enduring the stun lasts too long to get a bottle throw off.

    And as clown I feel like you want to be playing very aggressive, taking a lot of swings through pallets. Especially in tight situations where they are slowed and it’s not readily clear if your swing will hit them before they can drop the pallet or not.

  • It's centered on snowballing off Devour. So, you have the right idea of getting as many early hooks as possible despite gens flying.

    In general, you don't get stunned too often as Clown, because good survivors pre-drop if you use bottles optimally. You could replace Enduring with STBFL. Or even Infectious for the big snowball slug fest once you have 3 tokens.