Bug report locked but not explained

I made this bug report https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/220230/buried-underground-challenge-bug#latest

But it was locked and says duplicate, with no explanation and I cant find an answer anywhere when is it gonna be fixed??

I just had a game as trapper where I got 11 hooks in 1 game in the basement and I didnt get the challenge done!!! It's tome 1 lvl 3 challenge Buried Underground

Comments

  • If it says Duplicate, it means that someone else reported the same bug already. To make sure you report NEW bugs, use the search function. It saves everyone some time.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    If it says Duplicate, it means that someone else reported the same bug already. To make sure you report NEW bugs, use the search function. It saves everyone some time.

    This is correct.

    Our team goes through the bug reports section frequently, and if we see a duplicate bug report, we'll mark it as a duplicate. Whenever you can, please search for the issue first and upvote an existing report. The upvotes give us a better idea of how many people that issue is affecting, and it also lets us gather more information (if needed) more easily compared to having several different threads to comment on.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882106#Comment_1882106

    This is correct.

    Our team goes through the bug reports section frequently, and if we see a duplicate bug report, we'll mark it as a duplicate. Whenever you can, please search for the issue first and upvote an existing report. The upvotes give us a better idea of how many people that issue is affecting, and it also lets us gather more information (if needed) more easily compared to having several different threads to comment on.

    i have a suggestion for the bug report section. Why not merge threads containing data regarding the same bug? that way the dev team could read all comments inside a single thread. Consider the original post of a duplicate thread as another comment and put all other comments from the duplicate thread at the end of the first post (or display them in chronological order).

  • I will try to find an original one but I found a few that arent locked that are older than my post, just hope this is fixed soon it's really bothering my OCD

  • I am experiencing the same bug on Tome III - Escalation, Hook 3 survivors in the basement. The challenge does not progress when I hook survivors in the basement.

  • The reality is that forums are not good ways to track bugs. You don't have good discoverability, dedupe, a way for users to "me too" an existing bug, etc. Internally, Bhvr is probably using software like Jira for this.

    It would be nice if Bhvr allowed user-reported bugs to be public and let users browse those, assuming they are using some issue tracking software internally.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882106#Comment_1882106

    This is correct.

    Our team goes through the bug reports section frequently, and if we see a duplicate bug report, we'll mark it as a duplicate. Whenever you can, please search for the issue first and upvote an existing report. The upvotes give us a better idea of how many people that issue is affecting, and it also lets us gather more information (if needed) more easily compared to having several different threads to comment on.

    Search box on this site is broken. It always shows patch note when I try to search for something. Fix it before you say "search for same issues".

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882106#Comment_1882106

    This is correct.

    Our team goes through the bug reports section frequently, and if we see a duplicate bug report, we'll mark it as a duplicate. Whenever you can, please search for the issue first and upvote an existing report. The upvotes give us a better idea of how many people that issue is affecting, and it also lets us gather more information (if needed) more easily compared to having several different threads to comment on.

    Maybe when closing duplicate why not link to the report you wish them to go to. That way they are able to find the correct report to up vote.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882106#Comment_1882106

    This is correct.

    Our team goes through the bug reports section frequently, and if we see a duplicate bug report, we'll mark it as a duplicate. Whenever you can, please search for the issue first and upvote an existing report. The upvotes give us a better idea of how many people that issue is affecting, and it also lets us gather more information (if needed) more easily compared to having several different threads to comment on.

    The problem is you often go with the first one made and not the better clearer topic.

    I had one closed for being a duplicate for example but I could not for the life of me find the first one anywhere; I eventually did and it had a threat title that made no sense and barely describe the issue and didn't have screenshots or video like mine did.

  • @Megaris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882126#Comment_1882126

    Search box on this site is broken. It always shows patch note when I try to search for something. Fix it before you say "search for same issues".

    It's not broken, the Patch Notes etc are the first posts to show but after those, then come other posts.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882790#Comment_1882790

    It's not broken, the Patch Notes etc are the first posts to show but after those, then come other posts.

    I know that but who use those inconvenient system? If google shows unrelated topic first of the list, no one use it.