Survivor Ranking
Need to take another look at this and rebalance it. Currently it is entirely too easy to rank up as a Survivor. 1 generator, an unhook and maybe a heal, and a little chasing around and you can rank up quickly. This makes it extremely difficult when you switch Survivors and start playing as a less developed character. Not to mention how awful it is when you Prestige and have nothing.
Either make each Survivor Rank separate, or do an immediate 5-10 Rank drop when you Prestige a character. It gets horribly frustrating to go from doing decent each match to getting destroyed without a chance. It's also pretty bad when you don't want to do this because it screws your team being so weak, but you have to play to derank. Disconnecting is not an option since it's against the rules no matter how little they monitor it or ban for it.
As I Prestige all my characters, it's getting worse because I cannot drop Rank at all. I get pretty crappy games (in my opinion) and still safety pip. I'll get a couple good games against weak Killers, or ones who have just Prestiged as well, and go up in Rank. Then I get completely destroyed and my team gets screwed because I shouldn't be in that Rank with such a fresh character. It's not fair on either side of the coin imo.
Comments
The whole prestige derank I completely disagree with. I’ve been seeing a lot of abusable derank mechanic proposals recently, and this is certainly no exception. It would be so easy for someone to just prestige 3 characters at once at rank 1 and go down to 15 immediately. There are 14 survivors in the game, meaning that you would potentially be able to derank yourself 120 ranks for doing pretty much nothing. I certainly didn’t like going against killers with full meta perks as a rank 15, and I’d rather newer players not have to experience that ######### as well. It ######### sucks. If you don’t want to be left with nothing upon prestiging, I’d recommend saving up around 950,000 bloodpoints and then prestige so you can hopefully get most of the perks you need. It’s not worth adding an abusable mechanic when you have access to a solution.
It is too easy to rank up on both sides.
You say you have problems after prestiging your survivor, but what is a killer supposed to do that relies way more on perks and addons?
The whole rank system is flawed if you ask me