The lie about Server hit validation
As many others here, I am getting sick of the bs hits or hits that don't land.
I have to admit, the beta test was good and that actually surprised me as I never expected it.
It genuinely gave me hope for the full version of it, little did I know that this would turn out the opposite way of the beta.
Right now with this so called validation, you will gain a very big advantage when your connection is terrible, and that goes for survivors as well as for killers.
Now you might say that i have a bad connection, i can understand that.
But with a fibre connection with 700 m/'s up-and download, a high end router, my device with a static ip and putting it in dmz, I think it will be highly unlikely that my connection sucks.
I play in the Netherlands, so the server I'm connected to would probably Frankfurt or London, so not that far away for data loss.
The annoying part which many probably would agree with is as survivor you get hit after a vault and you are a decent amount away from it, getting hit while you allready way around a corner by a hatched or even getting hit by a M1 while on the opposite side of a wall, nurse who hits you while she's still passing you in her blink, just to name a few.
As killer I can sometimes literally hug the survivor before going for a hit and it still misses even though they just run in a straith line.
I even watch during a match at the pings of the survivors.
For the record, my ping is always between 25 and a max of 40 m/'s.
I've checked that in the ready lobby as well as in the match.
I played against a team from somew in the Arabics and the lowest ping they had was around 250 m/'s and the highest even went a bit over 800 m/'s.
So that is a pretty huge disadvantage I had over them and explained why I had such a hard time to get a hit on them.
Now unfortunately as survivor I can never check the ping of the killer but I assume that when I see hits sometimes, they aren't that great either.
Now I would love for the devs why they decided to give the worse ping the advantage?
I know a lot of things with decisions happen in the reverse in comparison to other games where people with a bad ping are in a disadvantage, hell even a game like rainbow six siege will even kick you out automatically when your pi g stays over 500 m/'s for about 30 seconds.
Please devs, just a little info what is going on and why this is happening.
Comments
It's not about your connection.
It's about the other player.
Every online game where players interact with each other have this issue. Is why you can get shot while behind cover.
https://youtu.be/6EwaW2iz4iAThis I know, unfortunately it is the other way round with dbd.
Rainbow six siege had this problem too in the early days.
You could have a really good ping but for example you got shot by someone with 1000 ping (just for example).
You could be firing on him and nothing happens and al of a sudden 1 second later you are dead.
Same with peeking, bad connection saw you before you saw them.
Ubisoft actually acknowledge this and addressed this problem, and believe me it played way smoother.
I'm very certain that this issue is the same with dbd as given by the examples.
I can understand there will always be latency, but that isn't the case here.
The example I gave as killer where I hug the survivor who ran in a straith line?
I didn't hit as soon as i was up on his ass, i waited for a bit because I thought he had dh.
Yet as soon as i went for the hit it never registered.
The problem is just, as long as your ping is worse than theirs you have more advantage and thus more chances to get away with a hit or without getting hit.
And to be fair, imo ever since they implemented the hit validation it has become worse then when it was p2p.
But that is my opinion but I think many will agree with it