Heard from a friend that Cross-Progression/Play is a thing now.

Hi everyone, few months back, I made the decision to fully commit to gaming on PC as my primary gaming platform. At the time, I was really discouraged from playing DBD on PC because well, I put so much work and money into Console.

Now that a buddy of mine told me he received some sort of notification regarding cross progression and play. I decided the best place to verify it was here in the forums from active players and would like to ask. Is this true? Or is there a level of misconception behind it. In short, can I transfer my stuff, including dlc, over to steam? If I can, how? and what if I own some of the items on both platforms? How does the game accommodate for that?

Thinking of getting back anyways, but this would definitely push me to do so.

Comments

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    Hi everyone, few months back, I made the decision to fully commit to gaming on PC as my primary gaming platform. At the time, I was really discouraged from playing DBD on PC because well, I put so much work and money into Console.

    Now that a buddy of mine told me he received some sort of notification regarding cross progression and play. I decided the best place to verify it was here in the forums from active players and would like to ask. Is this true? Or is there a level of misconception behind it. In short, can I transfer my stuff, including dlc, over to steam? If I can, how? and what if I own some of the items on both platforms? How does the game accommodate for that?

    Thinking of getting back anyways, but this would definitely push me to do so.

    Cross-play yes, Cross-Progression is still in progress. Right now the only platforms offering Cross-Progression are Steam and Google Stadia. Nintendo Switch is slated to be added to that but unless there's been news since last I heard that's not implemented yet. XBox and Playstation are currently no-gos pending negotiation.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/219521/heard-from-a-friend-that-cross-progression-play-is-a-thing-now

    Cross-play yes, Cross-Progression is still in progress. Right now the only platforms offering Cross-Progression are Steam and Google Stadia. Nintendo Switch is slated to be added to that but unless there's been news since last I heard that's not implemented yet. XBox and Playstation are currently no-gos pending negotiation.

    ah I see. Thanks for the info!!!