Outdated Offering System

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing to you in hopes that you can help free me from the enternal timeloop that binds me to Coldwind Farm.

I have seen many a hatch spawn and key bringer. I have seen many an Object and friends. I have seen the spark of light ignite as quickly as I douse the fire of life. No one escapes death. And yet I am the prisoner of this world. The entity may be pleased, but I for one am not.

---

The offering system has been outdated since the addition of Survive with Friends in Patch 1.0.3. Since then, the removal of common and uncommon map offerings, as well as the addition of hatch spawn offerings, has further tilted the scales in favor of Survive with Friends.

I do not believe that offerings were ever intended to be used to provide a competitive advantage (just as DS was not designed to be used offensively), but a SWF can easily coordinate up to four offerings to match their builds and provide them with a serious edge.


Examples Include...

4 Petrified Oaks with Breakout & Sabo

Midwhich, Glenvale or Haddonfield w/ OoO & Balanced

Coldwind, Ormond or Red Forest w/ Prove Thyself & Toolboxes/BNPs

Any Shack Map Offering w/ Shack Hatch Spawn & Key


The list goes on, and squads have probably run far worse than the examples I have provided. Some of these are really frustrating to run against (especially when its four coordinated rank one survivors), and yet... nothing is worse than the fact that virtually every other killer match I am forced to play on Coldwind Farm because a survivor wants to go there.

I'm tired of playing killer on Coldwind over and over and over and over.


Sacrifical Ward was added to the game, but I cannot be bothered to run it for three reasons.

  1. It appears too infrequently in the killer blood web (I just max perked GF and have 1 Sac Ward).
  2. Every time I have used it no one runs a map offering (great value)
  3. I rather use an offering to farm bloodpoints

If killer's were given two offering slots, maybe I could be bothered to run it.



My suggestion:

Give the killer two offering slots, with one of them being a "Conditional Offering". The Conditional Offering would function similar to a Readied Action in D&D, where it is only used when the activating conditions are met.

For example, I could run Survivor Pudding as my Active Offering--it is burned immediately--and then set Sacrifical Ward or a map as my Conditional Offering to be activated when a survivor's map offering appears. Game 1, if no one runs a map offering, my Conditional Offering is not burned. Game 2 if someone runs a map offering, my Conditional Offering kicks in and now Sac Ward activates OR my map offering is thrown into the pool, giving me and equal chance at influencing the location of the trial.

Conditional offerings would also be useful for killers looking to run Putrid Oak, Cut Coin, or perhaps even a Mori.


TL;DR

Offering System Needs a Design Pass

Trial offerings received a shadow buff when SWF was added to the game and recent additions have made offerings even stronger for survivors. Instead of trying to debuff survivor offerings, Killers should have more flexibility added to the way they use offerings.

---

Sincerely,

A Killer Stuck on Coldwind


P.S. please bring a key nerf if you're ever in the neighborhood

Comments