Honest question to survivors
Do you prefer it when the killer deranks via afking or via DCing?
And if the killer deranks via afking, will you troll him and hold him hostage to farm points and tbagg instead of just doing gens and leave the game?
Do you prefer it when the killer deranks via afking or via DCing?
And if the killer deranks via afking, will you troll him and hold him hostage to farm points and tbagg instead of just doing gens and leave the game?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Honestly, I dont give a ######### about your opinion about this.
I am a nice guy and even asked the survivors how they prefer it, afk or DC, survivors simply DC every game to derank.
I am simply not gonna bother playing at high lvl if the game continues to be unbalanced and the devs not doing anything about it, the next midchapter patch is a perfect example for this, once again....
So what about that alternative way to derank? Or was that just trashtalking?
Well, that was my impression. I could be wrong. But to answer your original question, I think it looks like there isn't really a way to derank without screwing with other players. Honestly: how much enjoyment would you find as survivor in a game when killer is afk? Or DC-s? Not much I imagine.
Let me ask you something though. You say on high rank the game is unbalanced. What does that mean? I mean to you, personally. I assume you don't expect to get 4K all the time, but how many 0K games? 9 out of 10? 7 out of 10? Less? I think if you get 1-2 kills in about half of your games, that's not too bad, if it's a good game otherwise.
As survivor I faced afk deranking killers too. I simply go dens while doing other stuff (hell you can only have to hold M1, dont even need to care about skillchecks), then I simply leave. I consider that as a free BP donation
I dont give a damn about your 4k 1-2k definition of "balanced". When the survivors are able to cyber-bully mean and I have no tools to prevent/punish them properly, then I will simply avoid those games.
Everyone has different definitions of "good games", if you are fine with teh current situation then go ahead and play at those ranks. Personally, I will play DBD casually now until certain problems are fixed
And btw, I would prefer it too if we had a casual mode
Holding hostage? You waste people's time and demand that they don't try to make the loss more tolerable by earning some points... the entitlement is real.
So you would prefer a DC if I understand you correctly?
Do you also ask the newbies you get to face at the lower ranks how they'd like to be stomped?
@DeadByFlashlight I realize you're going to do what ever the hell you want here, but throwing games is frustrating. I have two kids, a full time job, and a number of other responsibilities. My free time is limited, so wasting it by not giving me a competitive match is a dick move.
No I'd prefer if you just played the game
Rather deal with a afking so I can move on to the next game do Genny's and get out
DCing is just Lame
Its not the BM, its the B;> @MisterCremaster said:
They seem to enjoy the games against me, maybe because im not that idiot that tries to bully low rank players. You can check out certain streams if you are into this bullying culture of DBD
You are playing the wrong game if you are searching for competitive matches
This isn't some participation award, sing-song, lets be friends game. Its not against robots. Its designed 100% with the intention of being competitive player vs players. I think YOU are playing the wrong game, because you can't handle the competition. Its the competition that makes this game fun, otherwise they could just make a "generator repair simulator" and leave the killer out completely.
Its not fault your fault the ranking system is bogus, so I don't necessarily blame you for deranking. The ranking system is broken and you are getting to a higher level of skill than you actually are, since when you derank you feel like you get better games. (Although, if "better games" means you are going from fewer kills to 3k or 4k a match, then again, you're just picking on new players.)
Its the way you're deranking by making it OBVIOUSLY a thrown a match. This feels like a waste of time for everyone, and thats my problem. Not that you derank, its that you waste our time. Just play crappy. Lose the chase, play dumb, etc. Waste more of your time, than mine, since you're the one not playing the game the way its meant.
Funny that you use this wording, because PARTICIPATION rewards are exactly what pips have become.
A rank system where everyone can reach rank 1 cant be taken serious, imagine if you would reach the highest leauge in another competitive game like CSGO or mobas like dota/lol. That would be laughable.
And I recommend taking a look at the official tournament of DBD, it was a big joke because DBD has been designed for casual gameplay, not competitive one. In fact, when people are trying to play competitively, then this is called toxic behaviour by the community, thats how "competitive" the game really is
side topic: Everyone complains so much that Billy/Nurse are "the only tier one killerz" if that were actually the case you should be able to derank from the uppers simply by using Freddy.
No, because piping is too easy, for both sides