Lobby interface could get some changes too
Since the game UI is getting changes I hope the lobby UI will be next. For me, navigating through pages of perks, items and offerings can be very inconvenient. Some simple tasks as reorganizing perks or swapping them between slots can take way too much time. Here's some suggestion that would improve the quality of life when sitting in a lobby.
General:
- Drag & Drop function
Allow players to click, drag and drop item/addon/offering/perk onto loadout to quickly equip it. Currently, if I want to change something in my loadout I need to select that slot and then browse and choose what I want. If more changes are needed in my loadout, then I need to select desired slot, browse and click on what I want. And every time I select slot, it automatically leads me to the page the actual perk is on, which is often not really necessary because I wanted to swap it with a perk I was seeing before selecting a slot. It takes way too much clicks than it should.
- Right click to unequip
Simple right click to quickly remove something from my loadout could be very handy.
- Search function
Would be great if it would also search by tags, so typing "hex" or "exhaustion" will show you only elements that includes this keyword.
- Mark as favorite
So it will keep the item on the first page of your inventory.
- Numbered page and scroll bar
For faster navigation. Right now we can "turn the page" one by one, which can be frustrating since we have few pages of perks.
- Loadout sets
Being able swap quickly between previously customized sets of loadout would be great.
Survivors:
- Show loadout of other survivors
Probably as overlay that can be easily shown/hidden. It will improve experience mostly for solo players. Unfortunately, I'm a little worried that will cause other survivors to dodge lobby if they won't like others selection of perks or be straight up hostile because of that.
- Copying loadout of other survivors
If you want to mimic other players' build. Only copies and equips item/perks you already have unlocked.
Killer:
- Survivors should be always visible
Interface shouldn't cover survivors' model (at least their hands) to show what items they are currently carrying.
That's it, I probably forgot about thing or two but maybe others will come up with other suggestions.
Comments
Sorry to bump but bump. I understand that current PTB took (and requires) a lot of attention but I think it's a good time to highlight other issues with interface.