I don't think the new upcoming Wraith buff is the right answer

Think about it. Was seeing Wraith from a distance ever an issue? No. What was the real shortcoming of Wraith's power? Being spotted up close and thus rendering his one and only power absolutely useless. If you ever had a window or a pallet near you, the time it takes wraith to break out from his invisibility was all you needed to run to safety. Now they boosted him so that you won't see him from a distance but only when he comes close to you, the very thing that needed to be fixed, they did the opposite.

You can argue that not seeing him up close would be op, but not seeing him from a distance does absolutely nothing for Wraith. Nobody cares if he is running at a distance, everyone is just waiting to see his transparent figure up close before they take any action. Nothing has changed for him. He is still going to be just as useless trash killer as he has been all this time.

This is very heartbreaking for me because I have been dying to see Wraith buffed in the right direction. I started DBD with Wraith but slowly grew out of him once I wanted to start hitting red ranks. No matter how good I am playing Wraith, I get absolutely destroyed in red ranks most of the time, something that never happens with other killers. He is very easy to outrun and bully.

I give the devs a humble bow that they at least tried to fix him but obviously, this is nothing more than a soft fix kinda like Hillbilly's chainsaw cooldown that nobody ever reaches anyway unless they force it. Not that I think there ever was anything wrong with hillbilly in the first place...

Perhaps absolute invisibility would not be such a great power to him considering that might make him too powerful, but he needs something other than full invisibility from a distance to make him a capable killer like the rest.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with me, also, let me know what you think would fix Wraith.

Comments

  • The Wraith community have been begging for true invisibility since the Stone Age exactly because he could be seen across the map.

    They’re finally getting what was asked for, whilst making sure it’s balanced, and you’re now asking “Was seeing Wraith from a distance ever really an issue?”

    Huh?!

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    The Wraith community have been begging for true invisibility since the Stone Age exactly because he could be seen across the map.

    They’re finally getting what was asked for, whilst making sure it’s balanced, and you’re now asking “Was seeing Wraith from a distance ever really an issue?”

    Huh?!

    Those Wraith community people you mentioned do not speak for me. I have never requested such a feature because I know it would not do anything for Wraith. As I said, I am not sure if true invisibility would be the right answer, but what we are getting does not help, any red rank Wraith knows this is not nearly enough to make Wraith a better killer.

  • This is a good upgrade, but Wraith's real problem is poor map pressure. He ought to move faster -- like, Spirit while in her phasing power faster -- while cloaked. The delay in reappearing could maybe be slightly increased to compensate.