Should daily rituals be split up?

So I'm a survivor main, and for the past 7 days, I haven't had a single daily ritual for survivors, even after replacing one each day. It's not that big of a deal, but I get a lot of streaks where I get all killer challenges for 4+ days. It'd be nice to have 2 daily rituals per day. One for killer, one for survivor. Or maybe an either/or type of thing where each day two are generated: one for killer, one for survivor, and you choose which side's challenge you want to complete. What do you guys think?

Comments

  • I think the goal of this admittedly outdated system was to encourage the playing of both roles, which sadly doesnt happen often enough imo.

    I believe the devs themselves haven't been happy with it, and plan changes down the road priority wise.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    I think the goal of this admittedly outdated system was to encourage the playing of both roles, which sadly doesnt happen often enough imo.

    I believe the devs themselves haven't been happy with it, and plan changes down the road priority wise.

    I understand wanting to encourage people to play both sides. I've bought all of the killers, gotten most of the killer perks and I've played a ton of matches as killer, but I simply don't find it fun. It just feels like I'm missing out on extra challenges because the game is arbitrarily trying to make me play a side that I don't enjoy. I know it's a "me problem", but I'm sure I'm not the only one who plays one side or the other. I hope they take another look at the daily rituals down the line and maybe tweak the system a bit.

  • I don't need only one side's daily rituals.


    I need more than one "swipe and replace".


    These tasks are NOT equal. You cannot seriously compare "get 4 Tier ups with Myers" with "nail four demon dashes with Oni". Those are not anywhere CLOSE to the same level of difficulty.

  • @darkcloudlink said:

    So I'm a survivor main, and for the past 7 days, I haven't had a single daily ritual for survivors, even after replacing one each day. It's not that big of a deal, but I get a lot of streaks where I get all killer challenges for 4+ days. It'd be nice to have 2 daily rituals per day. One for killer, one for survivor. Or maybe an either/or type of thing where each day two are generated: one for killer, one for survivor, and you choose which side's challenge you want to complete. What do you guys think?

    daily rituals are to get you to try different play styles OR sides. this is why you can delete one every 24 hours.

  • They should generate them for both sides and you should be able to complete/refresh both of them. This will also help with the grind for some of the players

  • Maybe make them give rift fragments? Killing two birds with one stone by helping people play both sides and reducing rift grind

  • Agree, I don't like being forced to do some rituals so I always try to recycle them, the problem with killer rituals is that they are more specific than survivor rituals...sometimes I recycle one just to get another one that I also dislike and I end up with 3 rituals stuck in my inventory.

    I wish killer rituals were more general like survivor rituals (sabotage hooks, open exit gates, etc) that's something you can do with any survivor, on the other hand killer rituals are specific with the killer you have to play (chainsaw 3 survivors,catch 3 Survivors in a Bear Trap, etc) sometimes you get a ritual for a killer that you have no interest in playing or even leveling up so I have to wait for the next day to recycle them and if I get another ritual for a killer I dislike then I get to get stuck again or try to do the ritual playing a level 1 perkless killer and having a boring match for myself and probably getting humilliated and de-piping my killer rank in the process too just for the sake of getting some blood points....

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    I think the goal of this admittedly outdated system was to encourage the playing of both roles, which sadly doesnt happen often enough imo.

    I believe the devs themselves haven't been happy with it, and plan changes down the road priority wise.

    I don't think so. For a good while, I had the game with only the default characters + the Jigsaw chapter and used to get a good balance of survivor/killer challenge. I level to rank 1 survivor P3 Tapp and David while doing survivor rituals and dropping the killer ones. Later 2020 I purchased all chapters. Immediately after doing so, Killer challenges have skyrocketed.

    I believe the ritual is picked randomly from the pool in the list: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Daily_Rituals. If a common ritual was picked, then it selects a character at random among the pool you have available.

    There you can find that 9 survivor rituals are common between all survivors along with 3 killer common rituals and the dreaded rites that account for 22 (one for each killer). That gives a proportion of 9:25 that is more in line with what I've been finding.