Feedback and speculation on the new changes coming soon
The undying change was a bit confusing to me, I might have read it wrong. I am pretty sure that when someone cleanses a totem, it basically only gets one extra life right? Someone confirm this for me, please. Anyway, as much as I liked how strong it was before, I totally understand why it needed a nerf. It was way too RNG reliant. How strong will it be now? Probably not that game-changing, the problem is how easy totems can be found. If totem spawns were better or totems themselves just worked better, it would not be as big of a deal.
For Clown, I am a bit confused. The antidote giving the survivor speed as well as the clown is an interesting idea, but I am a bit concerned as to how this will pan out in-game. We will have to wait until the PTB is live so we can actually see how the Clown's changes help him in game. To sum it up, we have to wait and see for this one.
The new HUD: The new HUD IMO may not be as good-looking as the other, but it does give better information which is great. Being able to tell who has and hasn't been hooked is a nice little feature that helps as well as seeing your total hooks.
Survivor animations: The new survivor animations look nicer and I am satisfied with the changes. They don't have an effect on gameplay, but they were a nice addition to the mix. Like sprinkles on ice cream.
Matchmaking rewards: A neat change since survivors have been asking for rewards for quite some time now. However, I think I speak for everyone when I say that there could have been more to it. We could be given iridescent shards along with bloodpoints. It is also important to note that even half a million or even a million bloodpoints can only get you so far with how grindy the bloodweb is. Despite this, it was still a nice addition to the game. Note: The bloodweb needs to be changed in the future.
The graphical changes (the game, crotus penn asylum): The teasers we got for them look quite promising. We of course need to wait until the release of the PTB though.
Wraith's changes: This change was great. It was a popular idea that Not Otzdarva and the community came up with for the Wraith. I will admit though, the Wraith should definitely had another buff to his base power such as having some sort of windstorm addon base kit.
Trapper's trap changes: These changes sound good. He is still not that great in total, but he got a little something. I was pleasantly surprised to read his changes. He still needs more changes though.
Perk changes:
- Diversion (pebble) - Even with the addition of more pebbles, I don't see this perk being a good perk (besides being a meme).
- Fixated - Having it work even when injured is a nice thing people have been asking for. It doesn't make it a meta perk, but it does help it not be trash.
- Iron maiden - With the increased duration of exposure I still don't see the exposed status effect serving a killer well in a chase. This perk still needs a little something.
- Open-handed - The increased duration will make it a little bit better, but it could use another effect.
- Second wind - This perk should also have a secondary effect along with having a reduced time to be healed.
Overall:
The nerf for undying was justified however, the problem with the RNG aspect to hex totems still exists. The main problem with totems is that they either have a good totem spawn that can last around 3 minutes or long enough to get good usage out of it or a terrible spawn that is easily found. Overall, it was probably one of the better changes that were able to be managed properly.
I will that the Wraith definitely should have gotten a windstorm as base kit and an addon pass, but the true invisibility was a very nice touch. Can't wait to try this out.
Clown's new "afterpiece antidote" seems quite interesting, but not much can be said about how it will effect gameplay in favor of the Clown. We will wait and see, but right now it seems that misusing his power punishes the killer player severely.
The few perk changes were a nice little touch.
The pictures we have of the new graphical changes are nice... but will it make the average PC explode like the others?
The HUD seems to have more accurate information but lacks aesthetic (as mentioned by many people). I myself would perfer a slightly different look such as this one from reddit.:
97 votes and 7 comments so far on Reddit
Final thoughts:
It seems pretty good for the most part, some things could probably be tweaked for the better. Maybe some added such as windstorm being base kit for the Wraith.
The Clown's power from what we can see still seems pretty underwhelming. However, we have yet to see his addons.
Comments
The new survivor hud is worse for colour blind people. Once again an implementation that has no thought for people with visual impairments.
Your post will now be moved to the “Feedback and Suggestions” category
I still don't see how adding a color-blind mode will be massively unfair if someone tries to abuse it.
Is that bad?