PTSD From Bubba

So basically, i'm a new player and i've been completely assblasted by bubbas so many times by now. (I've checked forums for help and I know how to beat em now, but read on a bit)

Everytime I see a Bubba, I immediately recall all the times i've been destroyed by them, and start panicking and get really scared, even if I just see him across the map lol, and he doesn't even have to be good cuz i'm new and I can't loop for #########, so I have no game sense nor skills to do much about it, if a Bubba chooses me as his victim. (Plus usually people fall for the camping Bubba in my lobbies, so even if I don't become a target I still get rolled)

Every single time I see a Bubba I can never escape, and just knowing i'm against a Bubba makes me wanna either DC or hide in a locker forever.

Bubba haunts my dreams.

Comments

  • Bubba has chosen you.

  • Bubba is one of their worst abominations created. A skill less OHKO that can deny saves and wipe out multiple players in one use. Whenever I am against one, I have a strong urge to just kill myself on hook cause the match won't be fun 9/10 times. Even if they play nice for a bit, they'll always go back to the hook camping ways in the end. Terrible killer. Not super strong, just yuck.

  • Well the buff did make leatherface basically non-counterable, either you have a window in a ~12m radius, dump a pallet or you're down. At worst the bastard can go straight through a loop with a window and get you

  • I have this experience frequently with Legion or Clown. Not because I always die or because I'm scared of them, but because they are so unfun to play against. So I know your pain. It's that feeling like you can't do anything. That no matter what the killer is going to get you. It never really goes away

  • Watching streamers can help. They can give you alot of useful information. People like Oh Tofu and Puppers are generally happy to answer questions and help you when they can.

  • Just run at him. It will confuse him and he will runaway. Make sure to wear the brightest colors you have available.

  • Windows will destroy him. If no windows are available, fear not! There are other solutions.

    1. Stand and face the Bubba directly. Never run away from or approach him. Make yourself look as big as possible by spreading your arms or, better yet, a coat. Make as much noise as possible by yelling, banging pots and pans or using other noisemaking devices.
    2. If the Bubba is stationary, move away slowly and sideways; this allows you to keep an eye on the Bubba and avoid tripping. Moving sideways is also non-threatening to Bubbas. Do NOT run, but if the Bubba follows, stop and hold your ground. Bubba can chainsaw as fast as a racehorse both uphill and down.
    3. If the Bubba attempts to attack, play dead by laying flat on your stomach with your hands behind your neck and legs spread. The Bubba will lose interest.
  • Respect the saw, but don’t fear the Bubba

  • The fearless Bubba, bested only by the abominations known as windows, lockers, and the occasional tree or rock, is quite an admirable foe.

    Being serious, if I hear a chainsaw when I'm a survivor I wet myself a little too.