The reason why hackers run free

If I had to sum up the player report process with one word it would be "unacceptable". There is no section in the forums to report people like there should be. If you don't want to name and shame someone, simply make it an anonymous post that only the mods can see. So simple, yet it hasn't been done.

Instead here's what you do: Report the person in-game, then go to settings and customer support to submit a ticket. Then fill out a description of the issue, your email, your platform, your gamertag, their gamertag, your Cloud ID, and then upload the evidence. Then press submit and your done, in theory.

Here's where the fun began for me, since I'm on PS4. I obviously didn't know my Cloud ID by heart, so I had to close out of the page and go into settings just to get it and write it down. That meant starting all over. Thankfully I hadn't filled in the description, so now that I had everything I needed, I typed that in. The character limit stopped me from outlining every offense the hacker had been able to do. I guess BHVR doesn't need the whole story when there's a HACKER involved. Smart move, guys. Then I went to upload the files: screenshot, video footage, etc. It said something along the lines of "You cannot use this feature". I thought that solving the "I am not a robot" puzzle of clicking on certain pictures would fix it. Nope. Tried hitting submit, and it did nothing. There was obviously a severe lack of foresight with the implementation of the PS4 report feature.

Everything I had done had been in vain, so I gave up on reporting the hacker. Now y'all know. Good job, BHVR, you've just let another hacker go free.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Their report system really is shameful. I had someone escape a match today with no gens done, while they were on hook, and they still got 16k bloodpoints out of the match. I don't know what to do about it. I wasn't recording, but there were four witnesses, and all we can do is file a standard report for it individually and, what, cross our fingers?

  • It is pretty heavy handed in steps and the amount of work involved.

    However if it makes you feel any better reporting hackers barely makes a dent. Like 95% of dealing with hackers is prevention. Even if he got banned he would just use family share or one of like a pile of accounts; to play again anyways. It's probably more work to report them, then it is for them to make a new account with some throw away e-mail; and they don't even have to buy it again because family share works with up to 5 accounts I believe.

    So EAC will continue to do -most- of the work for us automatically; as it's updated to prevent whatever the newest BS is. Reporting is more about letting them know that a new 'hack' is in the wild; something that even if a player isn't involved just submitting the evidence anyways would be sufficient if you don't want to bother with anything else.

    If you would rather do that, as it is much easier, I suggest going here:

    © , Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Easy Anti-Cheat and its logo are Epic's trademarks or registered trademarks in the US and elsewhere.

    Use "report a cheat" and then do it that way. Honestly; I suggest this more than anything because you skip having to wait for BHVR to even forward the information, instead EAC can start preparing counter measure's pretty much immediately.

    Ideally doing both this and an in-game report and a follow up report with BHVR support is the absolute most you could do; so it's up to you what steps you would like to take. I feel BHVR needs to overhaul their player reporting system some, but it may be some time before that happens; so for now these are your options really.

  • I am sorry for the experience you have made and that there were some issues that hindered you from processing the report.

    Bu I want to point out the forum moderation team are not the ACMs - we have a dedicated team for dealing with in-game reports and support tickets related to in-game reports.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/66835/recording-evidence-for-your-player-report These are two links I suggest reading.

    Having a sub-forum dedicated to report players would result in:

    • breaking our own rules
    • people would not be posting in there, but everywhere else, essentially a lot of people would be warned when it could have been easily avoided
    • a lot of time and effort for the ACMs to check the Forum additionally with the in-game reports and support tickets
      • this would essentially be valuable time lost for possibly checking the same instances
      • I want to also point out the sheer amount of reports the ACMs already get - there are over thousand of reports daily (we have a lot of daily players - that's gonna be a lot of reports!)
    • people not reporting as some prefer the official route instead of having to make forum account

    This is not feasible for both teams to uphold. The moderation team would have no way to confirm if something was already reported through the in-game system + support.

    I'm closing the thread due to the risk of people possibly posting their cases with names visible, which would be going against our rules.