My DBD matchmaking experience in a nutshell

I'm not the world's best killer. Win some, lose some but I try to have fun regardless. I just got the huntress killer and my first two games as her really speak for themselves.

1st game: against a bunch of whites with one green. Had fun time learning how to use my new killer and throwing hatchets in general. Let last guy escape cause I'm nice like that. I got ruthless killer and 30k+ BPs. I sure hope my next game is like that!

2nd game: Possibly SWF purple and red rank team cause why not?! I did so well last game I'm definitely ready for the big leagues! What's this? I'm missing my hatchet throws?! The gens are done already?! Wait, they all escaped?! Had the time of my life! Let's see how I did!

ENTITY DISPLEASED!

Yup, that's DBD matchmaking in a nutshell right there. Even as a purple rank survivor main, I hate going against white rank killers cause I'm afraid these kind of games will define their whole experience and ruin it for them.

Comments

  • This topic has been discussed so many times. I'm not sure what the point of this conversation is.


    Yea matchmaking sucks.

  • @noctis129 said:

    This topic has been discussed so many times. I'm not sure what the point of this conversation is.

    Yea matchmaking sucks.

    The point of this conversation is probably one of the most important to be said. If the devs continue to ignore their playerbase with poor matchmaking and and even worse “MMR” then you might not find a lobby one day when you queue up as survivor.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855947#Comment_1855947

    The point of this conversation is probably one of the most important to be said. If the devs continue to ignore their playerbase with poor matchmaking and and even worse “MMR” then you might not find a lobby one day when you queue up as survivor.

    That point has been discussed, disected, argued, mentioned, complained, over and over and over and over and over, that it got to a point having yet, another conversation, is where I don't get the point of having this conversation, yet again.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855948#Comment_1855948

    That point has been discussed, disected, argued, mentioned, complained, over and over and over and over and over, that it got to a point having yet, another conversation, is where I don't get the point of having this conversation, yet again.

    That’s the point I was trying to make, please try to understand. If people stopped talking about it, then the problem may continue to be ignored. To bring it up often, continues to tell the devs to stay focused on the issue.

    If you’re tired of seeing people complain about things that still need fixing, maybe democracy isn’t for you.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856347#Comment_1856347

    That’s the point I was trying to make, please try to understand. If people stopped talking about it, then the problem may continue to be ignored. To bring it up often, continues to tell the devs to stay focused on the issue.

    If you’re tired of seeing people complain about things that still need fixing, maybe democracy isn’t for you.

    Plz explain to me what this has to do w democracy, cuz I'd like to hear about that.


    And if u want to 'discuss' the issue, than just simply 'discuss' the issue as ur point is to simply complain in hopes that the devs will listen to u, with no other meaning or substance, as a result, is a pointless discussion.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856819#Comment_1856819

    Plz explain to me what this has to do w democracy, cuz I'd like to hear about that.

    And if u want to 'discuss' the issue, than just simply 'discuss' the issue as ur point is to simply complain in hopes that the devs will listen to u, with no other meaning or substance, as a result, is a pointless discussion.

    Well in democracy, if you’re unaware, you’re entitled to an opinion and to defend that opinion and bring it up as long as you want. In other forms of gov, you aren’t always.

    Now that that’s out of the way-asking em to discuss the issue when you yourself are the instigator of this entire non-discussed circumstances is a bit hypocritical.

    Now let’s discuss, what is your proposal to fix the solution, since you were the first one to comment?

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857041#Comment_1857041

    Well in democracy, if you’re unaware, you’re entitled to an opinion and to defend that opinion and bring it up as long as you want. In other forms of gov, you aren’t always.

    Now that that’s out of the way-asking em to discuss the issue when you yourself are the instigator of this entire non-discussed circumstances is a bit hypocritical.

    Now let’s discuss, what is your proposal to fix the solution, since you were the first one to comment?

    We in America, are not a true democracy. We are a Republic based on a constitution. In this Republic, we can have personal opinions.


    Now that's out of the way, u can go discuss w whoever u want to discuss, my opinion is that u should go discuss the subject with the Topic Creator as he is the one who created this thread to have such discussions.


    What I'm saying is that yes, I agree, that matchmaking sucks.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857055#Comment_1857055

    We in America, are not a true democracy. We are a Republic based on a constitution. In this Republic, we can have personal opinions.

    Now that's out of the way, u can go discuss w whoever u want to discuss, my opinion is that u should go discuss the subject with the Topic Creator as he is the one who created this thread to have such discussions.

    What I'm saying is that yes, I agree, that matchmaking sucks.

    Although it is debatable the target is still democracy, nowhere does appointed officials for lawmakers concern a republic for a long-term reign.

    Now, yes the matchmaking sucks, however I will ask once again, please discuss your reasoning.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857381#Comment_1857381

    Although it is debatable the target is still democracy, nowhere does appointed officials for lawmakers concern a republic for a long-term reign.

    Now, yes the matchmaking sucks, however I will ask once again, please discuss your reasoning.

    A simple Google search will tell u America is a constitutional Republic.


    U need to first explain ur reasoning if u are the one who thinks matchmaking sucks.

  • Matchmaking is what keeps me from playing killer. The last time I played a killer match my rank 11 squared off against an all rank 2 SWF. Needless to say it didn't end well. That was a few months ago, and I haven't touched killer since.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Matchmaking is what keeps me from playing killer. The last time I played a killer match my rank 11 squared off against an all rank 2 SWF. Needless to say it didn't end well. That was a few months ago, and I haven't touched killer since.

    I just started playing Trapper and the EXACT same thing happened to me again. First games matchmaking is reasonable. The second game was red Rank SWF. I'm trying to enjoy killer but these type of games make me not want to touch it again.

  • @TauNkosi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857675#Comment_1857675

    I just started playing Trapper and the EXACT same thing happened to me again. First games matchmaking is reasonable. The second game was red Rank SWF. I'm trying to enjoy killer but these type of games make me not want to touch it again.

    I'm honestly surprised that Killer rank, and how often you play certain Killers doesn't play a bigger part into matchmaking. This is also what keeps me from playing Killers I've never played before.

    I played Ghostface for the first time awhile back, and only had enough blood points to get three level one perks unlocked. But because my overall rank was 10, the game figured I was good enough to square off against red and purple rank survivors. Once again things didn't end well, and I wasn't willing to keep getting stomped repeatedly. It goes without saying that I haven't touched Ghostface since.