Although I still ABSOLUTELY SUCK with The Twins...

...I’m having a much better time with them now that I’m using Victor as a sentry, rather than a primary chase tool.

I really like stacking Soured Milk & Madeleine’s Glove. Survivors are revealed by KI well and truly before they even hear that Victor is nearby.

I just can’t pounce on survivors during a chase (or rarely). Survivors dodge Victor way too easily (I’m on PS5 using a controller). If I haven’t manage to catch a survivor unaware with a long distance pounce, I just don’t bother and switch to Charlotte. Why waste my time, may as well let the survivor kick Victor. They’re going to eventually anyway after all the repeated misses.

Comments

  • Try getting close before the pounce, it's near impossible to dodge Victor from close by. Victor on his own also forces survivors to heal just by existing, try using this against them to waste time or reveal their location and if they don't heal you can very easily snowball with Victor. Just don't be hesitant to use Victor, a killers power is it's biggest strength.

  • @DawnMad said:

    Try getting close before the pounce, it's near impossible to dodge Victor from close by. Victor on his own also forces survivors to heal just by existing, try using this against them to waste time or reveal their location and if they don't heal you can very easily snowball with Victor. Just don't be hesitant to use Victor, a killers power is it's biggest strength.

    (Eye roll) everybody says this. Nobody reads/listens to me.

    No, it’s NOT impossible for survivors to dodge up close. The closer I am, the easier it is for them to dodge. They keep disappearing in and out of my field of view and are impossible to keep visual track of, no matter how high the turn sensitivity is on my controller.

  • The problem with Victor's sentry mode is that you have to actively try to not camp people. Shove him between two gens, get the notification, down someone, hook them, wander away for a bit and realise you just hooked them right next to where Victor's chilling and now you're very effectively facecamping someone.

    It's so, so whacked that that's even a thing. Not just that it can be done, but the fact that you as the killer have to actively avoid it.

  • I've been using sloppy on them a lot lately. Having survivors staying injured as much as possible does wonders for victor's ability to chain downs.

    The ability to snowball with victor is incredible if people are injured.

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855881#Comment_1855881

    (Eye roll) everybody says this. Nobody reads/listens to me.

    No, it’s NOT impossible for survivors to dodge up close. The closer I am, the easier it is for them to dodge. They keep disappearing in and out of my field of view and are impossible to keep visual track of, no matter how high the turn sensitivity is on my controller.

    I dunno if I can entirely relate because I play on PC not with controller. However I find this is the easiest time to land a hit with him.

    I used the addon that gives the pounce location marker for a few games originally; and got used to how/when it sorta jumps to them when they are close and that helped me learn the timing. So now when they get close like that it's pretty much a free hit every single time.

    I highly suggest that addon if you are struggling with victor hits, it helped me a lot when I first played with them.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855881#Comment_1855881

    (Eye roll) everybody says this. Nobody reads/listens to me.

    No, it’s NOT impossible for survivors to dodge up close. The closer I am, the easier it is for them to dodge. They keep disappearing in and out of my field of view and are impossible to keep visual track of, no matter how high the turn sensitivity is on my controller.

    Practice then, I faced many console Twins who had no problem hitting survivors, some of them even from far away. Play Victor more and you will get better.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855881#Comment_1855881

    (Eye roll) everybody says this. Nobody reads/listens to me.

    No, it’s NOT impossible for survivors to dodge up close. The closer I am, the easier it is for them to dodge. They keep disappearing in and out of my field of view and are impossible to keep visual track of, no matter how high the turn sensitivity is on my controller.

    I haven't played twins on either platform (not really interested in them). Is it similar to demo shred at all?

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855887#Comment_1855887

    I haven't played twins on either platform (not really interested in them). Is it similar to demo shred at all?

    Kinda

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855887#Comment_1855887

    I haven't played twins on either platform (not really interested in them). Is it similar to demo shred at all?

    Ehhhh I wouldn't say so. It has more axis than the shred does; so it's a lot harder to control.

    The hitbox is also much different as well.