I'm getting to the point to where I don't want to play, and it's not the community.

First off, the lag is incredibly terrible. If we could I would love it if we could go back to p2p instead of dedicated servers. There's been nothing but problems since these were implemented. These are the primary reason for me not wanting to play your game anymore.

This is only a recent thing, too. A month or two ago my ping went from being around 50-70ms to 80-100 in the day time. My ping goes back down around 8pm or so, so sure, I can play all night long and it's fine but I can't be staying awake just to be able to play a video game.

Is it my hardware? My networking gear is less than 6 months old, and both the router and modem are newer models. I've optimized my connection for gaming, and even tried port forwarding, so it's definitely on BHVRs end. It could have to do with playing on a PS4, but this is the only game I have ping problems with. I see that some player's ping is fine, even down in the 30ms range. So, maybe it will get better when I have a PS5, but I doubt it. I'm guessing you guys only have one server, or something?

What kind of issues is it creating? During the day I randomly teleport while running across the map, and sometimes when I hit survivors the sound effect of hitting them plays, but they're still running around. Meaning your server isn't acknowledging my presence.

I'm so tired of BHVRs inability, or negligence of certain issues, ones that they've made players put up with for a long time. I'll admit a lot of these are killer sided, as playing survivor seems to always have some redeeming aspect:

  • You've always made the game ever so slightly survivor-sided - it's really lame, but I just consider it a challenge. I assume other people who play killer do, too. There are players who don't feel there are balancing issues, but this is usually expressed by people who perform in the top percentage of players.
  • People have been complaining about interruptions and dead hard not working for a year (or more?); as killer, all survivors have to do is let go when you begin the animation and the server denies it - often times it occurs just as a gen is at 98%, so the survivor lets go, then finishes the generator. Sometimes interrupts are successful, but due to bad development, survivors are still unhooked, even though the other survivor is slung over my shoulder. You could lock survivors into certain animations like the killer is, but it seems to me you don't want survivors to have to take risks. They can even stop regression while they're being chased!
  • There are 5-10 killer perks that the game could completely do with out, and another 5 or so that are only good for meme builds.
  • 'Pop' + Ruin is unfair, but DS + Dead Hard + Adrenaline + Unbreakable (or any combination of those, or other second chance perks) is not.
  • The list goes on.

Although, these bulleted issues are beside the point. I mean, I can't even be frustrated or annoyed by these issues if I can't play the game because it's so goddamn laggy.

Comments

  • The only thing I disagree with is the game still leaning to the survivor side. They've removed tiles, made maps smaller, and have a lot of aura reading perks and add ons.

    I do agree that BVHR has become extremely lazy in how they're approaching the game for the last 2 years probably. Once they started listening to these moronic "fog whisperers", the quality of the game and the events has gone down. In the case of the latter it's disappeared completely.