Veteran Players into Oblivion

First of all, some of personal stats on DBD: 5200 hours played. Devotion 20. Playing since late 2017.

Wow, like a lot of things have change since 2017 right? One of the things that didnt change is my passion and love for DBD. But lately, it seems like the game doesn't want it to be reciprocal. I've been supporting the game (playing and buyins a lot of skins, passes, etc) and I'm not regretful of having done so.

As a player, like many of you, I had to stood those insta-gens, those infinites, those bullying squads, those sabo-teams, the insta-heals, the nothing-to-do with facecamping, and all these amazing things that fortunately, are slowy being fixed, nerfed, or punished in some way. I've enjoyed the game a lot. I've grinded like hell. And I still think the game is awesome. But as a player-costumer, I don't see any rewards, any exclusivity, any kind sign (aka skins, what else if not? charms? lol) of recognizing my dedication, devotion and loyalty. Legacy? Doesn't matter, people with 500 hours can have a legacy and don't buy a single item from the store or they don't play the game anymore, right? The rift? Well, it's just a 'temporary' exclusivity you need to pay for. I don't know guys, I think that as a company, it would be great to incentivate and award those players who actually have been and keep playing the game for so many time. Not all of us are streamers, but still the fact of recognizing someone for his literal Devotion is a thing. A really important thing.

My proposal is just as simple as follows: For X amount of devotion / hours played, give away an exclusive skin. In different 'levels'. It's a texture , and a kind sign of recognition. Maybe legacy, maybe something alike. I don't know if this is 'taboo' or not, it's the first time I even write in a game's forum, but what I know is that if the company doesn't care about veteran players, be sure (not so) slowly the veterans won't care about the game either. Thus, less money income, and less and less devotion. More casuals, and no financial stability.

So, thanks for reading and understanding. Hope you really feel me and know that there's nothing but a demand of 'care' and rewarding the ones that have been loving, enjoying and suffering this amazing game.

Comments

  • Since they're doing away with rank for matchmaking anyways and going to MMR, they should make your level/devotion show where the rank shows on the end lobby instead.

    Also charms at certain devotion milestones would be cool ie. charm at devotion 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and so on

  • I agree with this.