I'm genuinely surprised by the lack of toxicity I see

I picked this game up on PC the day before the Twins' chapter came out, but I've been playing it for a while. I've seen all the horror stories on the forums, and my experience on PS4 wasn't all that great.

I haven't seen one bit of Toxicity in Post Game Chat since I've switched to PC. Just played a game as Trapper, trying to get my Adept (didn't get it because they found two keys and both opened the Hatch, rip) and was kinda surprised when they said sorry. I'm just shocked by basically how nice everyone I've spoken to so far has been. Either nobody talks, they just say GG, or it's similar to this.

I mean, I know it exists (I still get a T-Bagging survivor that DC's the second they go down pretty often) but I do think the game is far better in terms of toxicity.

wholesome.jpg Screenshot (17).jpg

Also, as a side note - I change my mind about trapper. On the right maps, he's really fun.

Edit: Forgot to censor some names, did it after.

Comments

  • PC players are pretty chill.

    You will get an occassional toxic dude... usually a survivor (even one on your own team) and sometimes you'll get a sore loser/winner killer. But that's a once a week thing more or less for me, and I play the game a lot.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    PC players are pretty chill.

    You will get an occassional toxic dude... usually a survivor (even one on your own team) and sometimes you'll get a sore loser/winner killer. But that's a once a week thing more or less for me, and I play the game a lot.

    That's what I've seemed to notice. I've seen a few cases of toxicity, mostly by my fellow survivors towards the killer, but even then it's pretty tame. Mostly stuff geared towards the actual killer they're playing as (which in all cases were the Twins'), and never towards the actual person. I got 1 case of someone calling Doc op, but still complimenting on how I played.

    I know toxicity exists, I just think this community in particular needs to appreciate the wholesome parts more than focus on the toxic ones as much as they do.

  • I've been playing two months (Xbox) and right out the gate, my first day as Killer I got hatemail about camping and tunneling (literal day 1 player, I had no idea how to play - or rather, what "Survivor Rules" I had to abide by as Killer, lol). After two months, I have grown to enjoy playing both Survivor and Killer fairly equally, but every bit of hatemail, justified or not, has come from Survivors. This might just be because I'm not a douchebag survivor who click-spams Flashlights, teabags or otherwise taunts the Killer, so, I never give them a reason to message me but overall, I think it's just because most of the playerbase probably consists of multi-thousand-hour+ veterans that, at this stage of their DbD life, think everything a Killer does is toxic and/or not allowed in their eyes lol, so they feel the need to sound off about it.

  • I wonder if it's a console thing then. I didn't get too much on PS4 (mostly because I learned long ago to make messaging available to only friends) but that meant pretty much all the friend requests I got were filled with idiotic vitriol (at least when it came to requests from DbD).

    also, just, play how you want. I think one of the best things you can do to handle this game is to not take it so seriously. I use what I want, and I'm fine with people using whatever they want.

  • Gotta remember that console players are generally a younger demographic. And these are the kiddies who grow up looking up to infantile streamers who act like gigantic babies on their streams and channels to get followers and viewers.

    PC demographic tends to be a bit more mature and don't act out like that. Of course this is just in general there are definitely a lot of exceptions. But the PC scene is generally a lot more chill than the console scene.

  • I feel the same. Only got one hate message in the last 3 months