How long does it take to make a single patch?
NOT COMPLAINING, oof big disclaimer.
There are many differences between league and dbd, mainly because one of them has fast patches and the other one is a toxic shithole, both of them are league btw. I've dedicated hundreds of hours in both games and I'm surprised how big of a difference exists in patch releases. Now, to be clear, league has hundreds of characters and most need small fixes, so it's kinda reasonable to release patches quickly and hope everything works. What i think the devs are doing is exactly the opposite. They test every patch in extreme detail to make sure nothing goes wrong in the long run, in terms of balancing at least. And you have to admit that most patches are really well thought and balanced. Take the pyramid head patch as an example. After he got released, bhvr released another patch that completely annihilated the camping strategy with a unique way. But they tend to delay them because of these playtests.
So how long does it take to make a new patch? Please inform me below.
Comments
I think it has something to do with steam or consoles that make releasing patches such a slog. I'm sure it doesn't take very long to make a mid-chapter patch (excluding the map reworks tied to them, those take a lot of time).
I'm not a game developer but I've heard releasing a patch to console is an absolute pain.