Suggestions to fix generator speeds

After making a post to get a idea whats wrong with the game from the killers perspective so I have decided to help out by making suggestions, starting with generators.

Suggestions 1: make Corrupt intervention a basekit for all killers.

Corrupt intervention is a really good perk for killers as it helps greatly with early game generators. Because of this I think this could be good. You can make the further generators on the outskirts on the map or the generators further from then killer blocked for 100 seconds. Correct intervention could still be a perk and it could increase the time on the base corrupt or it could block one more generators. Or have a completely different effect, which I have an idea if you want to hear.

Suggestions 2: Have generators have to be manually turned on or unblocked before they can be worked on

This is actually my favorite suggestion that I actually hopes makes it into the game. What if at the start of the game all of the generators are automatically blocked. There a 3 switches of different colors that are placed randomly around the maps. The killer can see where are 3 switches are. The survivors have to find the switches and which will automatically unblock the generators that correspond to the color of the switch. After turning on the switch the survivors can repair these generators. The killer has the option to tune off the switches and block the generator from being worked on. This could be fun for the killers as well as survivors. This could lead to new strategies as well.

How are these suggestions, are they good and can they make generators easier to go against?

Comments

  • If u want generators fixed I would simply put survivors on them.

  • The core of the problem is not the gens, it's the SWF. You can nerf survivors as much as you wish, but that will only make the game miserable for solo survivors, which is miserable enough already. SWFs with comms will always find mindblowing ways to exploit and abuse the game, you can't balance the game solely around them.

    The main reason why SWFs fix gens so quickly is efficient time spending, which they have because they always know what the killer and every one of them is doing each moment. They don't have to hesitate while in the terror radius, they don't waste time rushing the hook when only one player can go for the save, they always know what progress each gen on the map has.The ability to coordinate their actions makes them unstoppable in chases too, so it's even harder to apply pressure when it takes longer than a minute to catch a SWF looper.

    You can try playing solo survivor and you will never see a genrush, if the killer is not rank 20, of course. It literally takes two times longer to do gens for 4 solo survivors than for a 4-man sweat squad. So if you want to fix gens properly - make SWF a separate game mode with specific rules.

  • Oh, Jesus no. The switch option just renders perk related to gen aura useless in the beginning of the game, and we already have search for totems that are in very hidden spots in the new/reworked maps. Not to mention that the devs would have to make perks compatible with that.

    If you really want to increase the time to do objectives, instead adding new, make use of existing unused resources like dull totems. IDK, make that every totem increases the time to complete a gen by 4 seconds. That way in the beginning of the match the gens take 100 seconds to complete and give us a reason to invest time searching and cleansing totems.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    After making a post to get a idea whats wrong with the game from the killers perspective so I have decided to help out by making suggestions, starting with generators.

    Suggestions 1: make Corrupt intervention a basekit for all killers.

    Corrupt intervention is a really good perk for killers as it helps greatly with early game generators. Because of this I think this could be good. You can make the further generators on the outskirts on the map or the generators further from then killer blocked for 100 seconds. Correct intervention could still be a perk and it could increase the time on the base corrupt or it could block one more generators. Or have a completely different effect, which I have an idea if you want to hear.

    Suggestions 2: Have generators have to be manually turned on or unblocked before they can be worked on

    This is actually my favorite suggestion that I actually hopes makes it into the game. What if at the start of the game all of the generators are automatically blocked. There a 3 switches of different colors that are placed randomly around the maps. The killer can see where are 3 switches are. The survivors have to find the switches and which will automatically unblock the generators that correspond to the color of the switch. After turning on the switch the survivors can repair these generators. The killer has the option to tune off the switches and block the generator from being worked on. This could be fun for the killers as well as survivors. This could lead to new strategies as well.

    How are these suggestions, are they good and can they make generators easier to go against?

    Making corrupt basekit could work, but I would say that it'd need to be three random gens, not just the ones furthest from the killer.

    With the switches, I agree with the guy who mentioned the totems. Undying/Ruin would have to get a complete rework and I don't think the killers should know where these switches are unless they are placed as far apart as possible on the maps. Otherwise you have the doors/hatch in close proximity situation and the game is over before it even begins. And if survivors manage to get a switch or two flipped, well, now they find out they have to go a five totem hunt. Killer flips off whatever switches they managed to open before that. Lastly if any of those three switches are close together, the killer can camp them. It'd be a fun thing to try, but I think it needs some definite tweaking.

  • @lagosta said:

    Oh, Jesus no. The switch option just renders perk related to gen aura useless in the beginning of the game, and we already have search for totems that are in very hidden spots in the new/reworked maps. Not to mention that the devs would have to make perks compatible with that.

    If you really want to increase the time to do objectives, instead adding new, make use of existing unused resources like dull totems. IDK, make that every totem increases the time to complete a gen by 4 seconds. That way in the beginning of the match the gens take 100 seconds to complete and give us a reason to invest time searching and cleansing totems.

    @bobateo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/216970/suggestions-to-fix-generator-speeds

    Making corrupt basekit could work, but I would say that it'd need to be three random gens, not just the ones furthest from the killer.

    With the switches, I agree with the guy who mentioned the totems. Undying/Ruin would have to get a complete rework and I don't think the killers should know where these switches are unless they are placed as far apart as possible on the maps. Otherwise you have the doors/hatch in close proximity situation and the game is over before it even begins. And if survivors manage to get a switch or two flipped, well, now they find out they have to go a five totem hunt. Killer flips off whatever switches they managed to open before that. Lastly if any of those three switches are close together, the killer can camp them. It'd be a fun thing to try, but I think it needs some definite tweaking.

    You guys are right about the switch ideas. It needs more tweaks.

  • Everything needs tweaking :). I do like the idea. - as long as it's not holding M1 for 80 seconds lol. It has the potential to make the game more dynamic. I'm just not sure (and I'm not a dbd expert by any means) what other places in the game would need to be looked at to make it a fun time for all.


    Then again, I play in purple ranks (I should probably be green at best, but here we are) and it's exceedingly rare already that any survivor escapes a match. So, I have a hard time understanding the gen speed argument when killers that I face are routinely wiping the floor with my solo squads.