Why do survivor disconnects give killers brutality points?
So, this is pretty basic, and cannot understand how the game has made it this far without this very simple change. When a killer DCs, each survivor is treated as if they survived and gets 5k survival points. If a survivor DCs, the killer gets 625 brutality points.
First off, brutality is easily replaced. If I want brutality points, I can let the survivors heal a slug and get an extra hit or two. Sacrifice can only be acquired through a limited number of events. Imagine if the killer DCing gave you extra Boldness points, but you had already maxed Boldness.
Second, the amount of points is way off. By a ridiculous amount, depending on which hook.
1st Hook: Maximum of 2100 lost, NOT including Late Kill/Hook bonuses, which could be an extra 500.
2nd Hook: 1400 Lost, not including 500 from Late Kill/Hook
3rd Hook: 700 Lost, not including 500 from Late Kill/Hook.
The BARE MINIMUM sacrifice points lost to a DC is 700, in a category you cannot simply choose to get extra in, but the DC rewards 625 BRUTALITY at all ranks. This needs to be fixed. Killers should not be punished for survivors throwing tantrums. They should be rewarded the above amounts in sacrifice points.
Comments
For a second I thought this post was going to be whining that Killers get points for DCs, but this was actually a well-reasoned post.
The simplest change would be to put DC points into the Sacrifice category. I don't see any downside to it.