Why are item durabilities really low now?

Ok, so. I have been gone for 9 months, I lost my xbox back in March of this year, and I got another Xbox for Xmas, I re-installed the game and started playing again and now a Worn-Out Tools has 16 charges. Why?

Comments

  • It’s only toolboxes and not Medkits or other items.

    They were changed to be ‚more strategic‘ in use for repairs: you gotta time it right to get best use out of it eg only use it at the end of a gen which helps against certain killers with tinkerer etc. and while they are used up very fast the repair speed is increasing higher than before I think.

    Sabotaging was also reworked, you can sabo within a very short time but can’t interrupt it yourself and won’t get skillchecks. It doesn’t use as much charges from the toolboxes for compensation to the lowered charges.

  • I think it was a nerf needed. Imagine old toolboxes with Built To Last. There's a reason some of these things happen, we just might not see it for a while.

  • Nerf overall, but the speeds were greatly boosted so they're better to quickly finish a gen or something. Doesn't make too much progress, but makes it real fast.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I think it was a nerf needed. Imagine old toolboxes with Built To Last. There's a reason some of these things happen, we just might not see it for a while.

    that actually makes sense