Stridor Perk for Survivors
If there are no plans to give Spirit a pass in the next year, please consider giving survivors a variant of Stridor to assist them with audibly discerning the killer's direction and proximity.
Survivors who wish to dedicate a perk slot to strategically play against Spirit's nauseating gambling simulator should be given the opportunity to do so.
As it stands, the game has an abundance of global audio cues that would also benefit from the addition of such a perk. For example, a survivor with this perk equipped could discern the direction (and perhaps distance, with enough use) of Demogorgon entering a teleport, Huntress full winding a hatchet, and Trapper's trap snapping shut.
This perk would most likely be C or D Tier, with the potential to feel A or B Tier against Spirit, just as Calm Spirit feels D Tier until you run into a Doctor or Infectious Fright (and Spies from the Shadows, but nobody runs Spies).
It would serve as an alternative for survivors running Spine Chill--granting them directional audio to a killer's terror radius, at the cost of it being useless against stealth killers (and not having an action speed buff).
Comments
This isn’t the solution to fixing spirit. There shouldn’t be a specific perk that is made to counter a specific killer. That’s why calm spirit, old slippery meat, and small game are all issues imo, even though all those perks are awful most of the time. Giving spirit a rework where she has more reliable counterplay is the route we should be taking.
I agree with you 100%, and that is the route I would like the dev team to move.
However... I'm trying to be realistic in what I ask here. BHVR is a business, and if a band-aid is the most cost-effective way to fix the problem, thats the route they are more than likely going to go.
I think Spirit is in a good place. But an above-average Spirit will often make me feel like Spirit is incredibly broken. I've played against a lot of Spirits, and I don't feel any closer to knowing how to counter her power. A perk that provides better audio cues would at least allow me to hear where I successfully misdirected the Spirit, and allow me to learn from that experience so that one day I can feel more confident playing against a Spirit without the perk (like what Technician does for new survivors learning to hit skill checks).
Sounds are for everyone (survivors know when the killer has Stridor), so if one survivor has the perk, all other survivors get the benefit without having the perk (which would not be part of the intended design as you've explained it).
i.e. it's not that simple to implement and probs would never work for individual survivors.