Exit Gates

5 Gens

2 Exit Gates

5 gens are powered, suddenly enough power to open two gates. Why isn’t there only enough power to open one?

Comments

  • Because you only need 1 gen to power both exit gates. They activate five to shift something blocking the parallel circuit that powers the exit gates. Or maybe it has something to do with resistance blocking the power to the gates. I dunno... I'm just saying stuff I barely remember from fifth grade physics.

  • That is the worst electrical explanation I’ve ever heard lol.

    parallel wiring, simply put, means if one Christmas light goes out then the rest stay on. If wired in series then all the lights go off due to one going bad.


    If there is resistance in the circuit then there’s less power to operate. It’s called voltage drop when due to physical distance or something like a shunt would redirect or prevent electrical flow.


    my question is moot though because I realized why after I posted. Unless the generators simply ran out of fuel it would not matter. I was being dumb.

  • the realm is made by the entity the gens are not powered by electricity

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    5 Gens

    2 Exit Gates

    5 gens are powered, suddenly enough power to open two gates. Why isn’t there only enough power to open one?

    Probably because 4 gens may be needed to act as stabilizers to hold the power needed, to power the last gen and exit gates. One gate mightpower the other,to prevent earlier escapes, could be another reason?

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    That is the worst electrical explanation I’ve ever heard lol.

    parallel wiring, simply put, means if one Christmas light goes out then the rest stay on. If wired in series then all the lights go off due to one going bad.

    If there is resistance in the circuit then there’s less power to operate. It’s called voltage drop when due to physical distance or something like a shunt would redirect or prevent electrical flow.

    my question is moot though because I realized why after I posted. Unless the generators simply ran out of fuel it would not matter. I was being dumb.

    What do you mean? Isn't that my point? There's a big heavy something blocking the parallel wiring for the gates. Turning on the generators removes the block to close the circuit again.

    As for the resistance stuff... I don't remember anything.

  • In reality, nobody would be getting up ever again from being downed or be completely healed from a hook impalement with a mere neck massage. And pallets and flashlights would stop exactly nobody. It’s probably best to not over think these things.

  • One generator in real life can easily power two doors; they don't take all that much power.

  • The Entity did not get her elektrics diploma but she is trying okay

  • The entity powers both gates; it’s her realm... she merely requires survivors to completely repair 5 generators before she does it.

  • It's a video game.