Diversion needs to be fixed.
Me and my friend were testing out diversion and discovered that in its current state it is worse than the old Deja Vu.
The perk, first of all, takes far too long to get, the equivalent of 3 stakeout tokens, whereas you still cannot gain the ability mid chase, and in my opinion, stakeout proves more useful.
The perk in itself is also broken design-wise, the pebble that you throw always has a static trail, first of all, which can be a handicap because it will always travel at the same angle, speed, and direction of your character.
Now the big hit is what it's supposed to do and how it fails. First of all, the pebble has no collision with any on map items (outside of terrain) and the notification goes above every killer's head. Its very obvious to tell and very unhelpful.
I also have some video evidence from Survivor and Killer POV if wanted, but I believe the devs need to fix this perk ASAP before it becomes the next running joke.
(Edit) The pebble will go through the hill found on most maps.
(Edit 2) Also confirmed to go through the combine.
Comments
Because I don't feel its right to have perks with no use whatsoever. It actually has potential to shift the meta.
The perk doesn't function as one would think, I'm pretty sure a pebble shouldn't phase through a wall and have a notification so easily discernable that only a new killer would fall for.
I have used it really successfully to get hatch many times though....
I wasn't wailing you on anything, just kinda simplifying my mechanical sounding post.
I think pebble should get reworked for something else.
Almost every time I've seen this used as a killer, the survivor threw the rock directly at me. I find it so funny when they do that, that I typically show them some form of mercy for making me laugh. Maybe that is the real power of the perk =p
They could buff it so it doesn't send a notification in the middle of the air, reduce the timer tremendously, allow the pebbles to stack, make it so that you don't need to be in the killer radius, etc. I don't see why they wouldn't add these buffs in the first place
I think the terror radius should still be required to gain it, but I like the rest of the ideas. Maybe give you 2 or 3 on level 3