Decisive Strike Solution.

I've been seeing a lot of post complaining about DS needing a nerf.. As someone who never leaves home without it and while I semi agree that people abuse it; I feel like this is a better solution rather than nerfing it into the ground.

BHVR would half to change how hooks work.

Upon being hooked; you become the new obsession. Decisive Strike can only be used if you are the current obsession and only activates when you have been recently unhooked. This will prevent multiple survivors from being able to use it at once.

Now for the Decisive Strike timer to prevent it from being abused. It would still have its standard 60 second timer but it would now have the following and/or stipulations:

A) When a survivor uses Decisive Strike successfully, they suffer from the mending state for 20 seconds.

B) When a survivor starts any action (ie repairing, cleansing, healing) the DS timer runs at 2x speed.

This gives survivors the decision.. Do they want to use it as an offensive perk to body block for a teammate/save themselves and then have to waste time mending or do they want to be productive and work on gens/heal but risk losing their safety from it.

Comments

  • Unfortunately for decisive strike, and other similar perks like mettle of man, no one is ever going to be happy with it. I think DS is better now than it was because killers were so terrified of it they were dribbling people to the hook which was ridiculous.