Hooked Survivor Exploit

I unfortunately have the reflex of bypassing the post games metrics screens and didn't report in game so I'll admit that upfront.

For the game in question, I was playing Ghost Face (Ravencloud) and this was between 1500-1600 Central Time. I downed a survivor which I immediately hooked. Before this even happened, another survivor which I had previously placed in an injured status stuck around as I was hooking the other. As soon as my hooking animation completed, the other injured survivor face smashed the hooked survivor. As soon as I attacked, they transitioned into the downed status completely underneath the hooked survivor unable to be picked up. They made no attempt to move at all and knew exactly what they were doing. As there were only 3 survivors left, I went looking for the 3rd since there was no point in sticking around, and I shortly hear the notification of the hooked survivor being unhooked. As I wasn't there when it happened, the hooked survivor could've unhooked themselves, or the downed survivor could've recovered and helped the hooked survivor.

That was a bit of a mouth(?)ful and normally I wouldn't be upset if I was juked by a skilled survivor, but not being able to act on a survivor due to a game exploit is just unacceptable. Again, I apologize for not using the in-game reporting function, but hopefully my session is still available to be analyzed for future fixes/patches.

Thank you for your time.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • In most cases you can trigger the pick up button at a certain angle on the side of the hook. I've been struggling with this issue for months, but sort of found a work around. It doesn't work always, but most of the times it does.

  • @sharkster13 said:

    In most cases you can trigger the pick up button at a certain angle on the side of the hook. I've been struggling with this issue for months, but sort of found a work around. It doesn't work always, but most of the times it does.

    I understand and a peer suggested the same potential workaround, but looking for the magic pixel shouldn't be the focus. Trying to see who can out-exploit the other, or how to find the weak point in the exploit isn't the way. I have been outplayed by mechanics within the intended barriers of the game and that is much more fun than just wasting my time on a coding flaw. If that maneuver was the intentional by the developers, that is a real shame.