A Compromise Between Completely Removing SWF and Leaving SWF as it is
One longstanding debate that I have noticed is whether SWF should be completely removed or whether it should not be touched at all. Why not have a compromise between the two ideas? Perhaps a feature can be added to make SWF more fair to solo survivors and killers, while allowing those who want to team up to troll solo survivors, or to be more unbiased "those who want to play with their friends" to continue doing so. My feature suggestion is simple and easy to implement. I think that ONE of these features should be added.
Feature 1 - Revealing SWFs.
During a pre game lobby, all SWF players are highlighted. If there are two SWF teams, then two different highlight colors will be used. During the trial, the SWF players will instead have their icons (in the bottom left) highlighted. After the trial, the SWF players will have their names highlighted. I think this feature is fair because it does not remove the SWF feature, but also alerts solo survivors and killers of SWFs, allowing them to dodge to avoid having to play games with toxic players.
Feature 2 - Mori SWF
I think that SURVIVORS should be able to mori any SWF players by burning a common offering. SWF players who disconnect while a SWF mori is active will be permanently banned.
Comments
While I can agree with the first feature partially, the second one is absolutely a no, especially the ban. You should get a standard disconnect penalty and that's it. (Though I do personally wish the game would get a change where if somebody DCs within the first few minutes of the match remaining players become unable to de-pip.)
I'm all in favor of the first part! When it's fellow PC players I'll look and see if they have their friend's list visible and make a decision if I want to team with them. SWF sucks for solo players too. In 3 1/2 years of playing this game SWF have a tendency to hook dive, use a key and leave two behind, or just play like morons. I think the worst offenders are any group that has coordinated names, characters, and/or outfits.
The devs have been consistently not making changes that would split the playerbase, hurt queue times, or 'punish' anyone.
Indicating a SWF group in the lobby would lead to all three imo. Pretty much no killer, including me, would willingly enter a SWF trial, and no amount of bloodpoints would likely change that. Since more than half of survs are at least in a two-man this would worsen queue times even more.
๐๐