Matchmaking Woes

Since the release of 4.4.0, matchmaking has felt frustratingly similar to the period of time where "Skill Based Matchmaking" was live. This past month I have queued up survivor alongside 2 other rank 1s, and countless times our 4th teammate would be Rank 12 against a Rank 8 killer.

I realize this is all anecdotal, however, so tonight I finally decided to take screenshots after each game. Tonight is my second night playing since rank reset, and I played 9 games as a solo queue survivor.

It was brutal.

10MatchSpread_102120.jpg


And as a bonus:

Watch "K2:DBD -- Skill Check Yourself Before..." on Streamable.

Bless this Rank 18 Claud, I know she is just learning the game. But had this not been my second match of the night, I might have reacted a little differently...

Comments

  • Match making in this game sucks. All i gdt is red rank swf survivora in my game. Out of 10 match. I might have 1 good game wherw it's fair. The other o are absolutely god like pro swf that just ruin the gamr for the killers.

  • Played 9 more games tonight. Image speaks for itself.

    Was ready to quit after the 5th match, but muscled through in the name of science and statistics.

    It is excrutiating to play down at this level. There is a fundamental lack of situational awareness that is both detrimental and unejoyable to endure for players more familiar with the game's strategies.

    9MatchSpread_102220.jpg