Is the tample of progation based on a real tample?

I was wondering if the tample of progation had any insperation on a real tample of sorts

Comments

  • It hasn't be confirmed, but I don't really think so. Too much detail and spookyness for it to exist irl, but you never know!

  • I doubt it. It takes some things from existing Babylonian Temples but it doesn't really look like a Babylonian Temple. As far as my research has shown me anyway.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    I doubt it. It takes some things from existing Babylonian Temples but it doesn't really look like a Babylonian Temple. As far as my research has shown me anyway.

    What does a Babylonian temple look like?

  • You could google "ancient Babylon." It would probably be better than asking for a written description.

  • Total speculation here, but I always saw the Temple of Purgation as a loose mashup of the Great Ziggurat of Ur (which has similar, but larger, front staircases and a similar base) and the Angkor Wat (large central tower and ornamented facade). I wouldn't be at all surprised if either structure provided some visual inspiration for Plague's temple.

    Temples.png

    Great Ziggurat of Ur is on the left, Angkor Wat is on the right.

  • @leatherfav88 said:

    I was wondering if the tample of progation had any insperation on a real tample of sorts

    Not judging you based on this or anything, but spellcheck my dude. It saves eyes.