Can the broken key please look different?

I'm currently attempting the machinist challenge ( finish repairing 3 generators) I've been having to run a broken key because I don't have bond yet.

four matches in a row I've been tunneled out of the game early. You can pretty much guess that the killers think I'm going to go for the early escape. Especially after mori's were nerfed and keys were not changed at all.

But as the title asks, can broken keys please look different from regular keys? I'm tired of getting tunneled out of a match because the killers think I have a purple or iridescent.

Comments

  • Broken key is a death sentence, just don't bring it. Have you tried kindred?

  • I say just get rid of the broken key altogether. It's utterly useless and I don't understand why it's even a thing. It's like having a broken medkit that you can't use to heal.

  • @lagosta said:

    Broken key is a death sentence, just don't bring it. Have you tried kindred?

    I'd rather be able to find other survivors without another one having to be on hook. Besides, just finished the challenge, thank god for farming killers.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I say just get rid of the broken key altogether. It's utterly useless and I don't understand why it's even a thing. It's like having a broken medkit that you can't use to heal.

    I think they should do the opposite. Keys should be for using it with addons, not to open the hatch.

  • I think if any different rarity of item should get a different model, it should be key. Even if you bring its best addons, it is still MUCH less of a threat than a dull or skeleton key. I've been wanting this change for a while too

  • The strange thing about the broken key is that its the only item that does nothing on its own. I mean why?

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827829#Comment_1827829

    I think they should do the opposite. Keys should be for using it with addons, not to open the hatch.

    Using keys to open the hatch is the core purpose of why keys exist. You can make their aura reading stronger through add-ons, but without the add-ons a broken key literally serves no purpose. Like I said it's like having a medkit that you can't use to heal, or a toolbox you can't use to repair. It makes no sense.

  • I use broken keys. I don't have any issues.