EAC detects modified files after every update.

After every single update i get a notification from EAC to verify my cache directory because it detects modified files and it's very annoying. Any one else has the same issue?

Comments

  • Sry i just realized i should have posted this on Q&A

  • @vacaman said:

    Sry i just realized i should have posted this on Q&A

    It might fit better here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

    But Q&A is probably not the correct subforum.

  • @vacaman said:

    After every single update i get a notification from EAC to verify my cache directory because it detects modified files and it's very annoying. Any one else has the same issue?

    Well, I have it but I guess it's due to the fact that I replaced perk icons with customized ones as well as character portraits. Although it started to happen more frequently now. I remember that when I first replaced them, I didn't get the error code 4 after every patch/update. Sometimes you just update the game, play one or two trials and then in the middle of another trial you get a notification about this error. It is indeed annoying but I like my icons so I have to deal with that (¬_¬ )

  • @madamretto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214145/eac-detects-modified-files-after-every-update

    Well, I have it but I guess it's due to the fact that I replaced perk icons with customized ones as well as character portraits. Although it started to happen more frequently now. I remember that when I first replaced them, I didn't get the error code 4 after every patch/update. Sometimes you just update the game, play one or two trials and then in the middle of another trial you get a notification about this error. It is indeed annoying but I like my icons so I have to deal with that (¬_¬ )

    That's weird; I have custom perks + character portraits and it doesn't ask me :/

  • I have this too from time to time.

    Although i will say that once i started to verify my cache after every update I almost never experience any bugs so it's not that bad of a thing to be reminded to verify them from time to time