Missing a Skill Check - did they buff the damage to the gen?

Faced a doctor with a skillcheck build. We couldn't even finish a gen because we kept screwing up and the regression was about 20% of the gen life and not the usual 5%-ish. I mean #########?

Or does Doc have an addon now that does that?

Comments

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Faced a doctor with a skillcheck build. We couldn't even finish a gen because we kept screwing up and the regression was about 20% of the gen life and not the usual 5%-ish. I mean #########?

    Or does Doc have an addon now that does that?

    Only way I know is if he has overcharge and Huntresses lullaby. And the extra regression on lullaby doesn't work on missed overcharge checks I don't think anymore. Or maybe lullaby and oppression...

  • I am thinking they screwed up the Lullaby Regression bonus. They nerfed Lullaby recently right? I bet they broke something again.

  • Just for sake of reference missing a normal skill check removes 8 charges aka 10% progression then blocks any further progress for 3 seconds.

    Also the doctor was probably using Hex:Huntress lullaby which at max rank further increases the skill check penalty to 16% progression lost while making skill checks harder.

    So losing what looks like 20% from lullaby effected skill checks is close to whats actually happening if you also factor in the progression blocking of 3 charges which is roughly 3.75% or each skill check denying 16% lost + 3.75% denied = 19.75%.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Faced a doctor with a skillcheck build. We couldn't even finish a gen because we kept screwing up and the regression was about 20% of the gen life and not the usual 5%-ish. I mean #########?

    Or does Doc have an addon now that does that?

    5%?

    I remember it cost 10% for each fail.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Faced a doctor with a skillcheck build. We couldn't even finish a gen because we kept screwing up and the regression was about 20% of the gen life and not the usual 5%-ish. I mean #########?

    Or does Doc have an addon now that does that?

    i'd have to relook at overcharge, but there are a few other factors to consider too and that is the perk technician which was changed about 1-2 months ago, it's now a 100% no sound/explosion and no alert for killer but a miss now takes more out of the gen than a miss without it. so that may be why you see more of a drop? just a thought

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Faced a doctor with a skillcheck build. We couldn't even finish a gen because we kept screwing up and the regression was about 20% of the gen life and not the usual 5%-ish. I mean #########?

    Or does Doc have an addon now that does that?

    i played twins and i have seen this missing skillchecks and stoping a 99 percent gen

  • The only way to lose 20% of a gen is most likely lullaby and overcharge but I'm sure overcharge is still bugged.

    Other way is if your teammates or yourself had technician which adds an extra -5% of regression if you miss a skillcheck so that would be -15% by missing 1 skillcheck.

  • Hence "ish" I don't know the exact number.

    Anyway my point is this build Doc used was regressing the gen almost as much as a kick from PGTW. It was definitely way more than 10%. As far as I could tell the perks he was using were Distressing, Huntress Lull, Undying and Unnerving Presence.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    The only way to lose 20% of a gen is most likely lullaby and overcharge but I'm sure overcharge is still bugged.

    Other way is if your teammates or yourself had technician which adds an extra -5% of regression if you miss a skillcheck so that would be -15% by missing 1 skillcheck.

    Hmm this might be what happened, since there were three of us working the gen. I didn't know Technician gave you a penalty like that. I thought it helped you, not hurt you.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Just for sake of reference missing a normal skill check removes 8 charges aka 10% progression then blocks any further progress for 3 seconds.

    Also the doctor was probably using Hex:Huntress lullaby which at max rank further increases the skill check penalty to 16% progression lost while making skill checks harder.

    So losing what looks like 20% from lullaby effected skill checks is close to whats actually happening if you also factor in the progression blocking of 3 charges which is roughly 3.75% or each skill check denying 16% lost + 3.75% denied = 19.75%.

    Ah this sounds about right. Where is the 3.75% coming from? I'm used to the 16% lullaby skill check regression but it looked like I said closer to 20% than 15% which is what threw me for a loop.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823825#Comment_1823825

    Ah this sounds about right. Where is the 3.75% coming from? I'm used to the 16% lullaby skill check regression but it looked like I said closer to 20% than 15% which is what threw me for a loop.

    The ~3.75% is coming from the progression blocked by working on a generator that just exploded as no progress can be made for 3 seconds afterwards.

    So if your working on a generator that just exploded you'll be denied 3 seconds worth of progress or 3.75%.

    Mind you a loss can look larger then it is when your mind expects it to be further along as a generator exploding effectively puts you behind by 20%(If lullaby is in play)

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823896#Comment_1823896

    Hmm this might be what happened, since there were three of us working the gen. I didn't know Technician gave you a penalty like that. I thought it helped you, not hurt you.

    It says in the perk that it prevents explosions or something like that but adds an extra -5% to the regression, normally missing a skillcheck its -10% with technician it's -15%.

    Now that perk is a sandbag perk and can cost more matches than it would help.