BHVR Please Fix The Frames! I'm Literally On My Knees Begging You!
DEAR WONDERFUL DEVELOPERS,
I just wanna stress how much I love this game, like this game is so awesome! I come to my other house every weekend to play this amazing game and it just makes me upset that I cannot play a such a wonderful game... I never been so infuriated when I played DBD both as a killer and survivor main! Sometimes when I play survivor, I end up freezing at a window and getting hit by the killer. When I play killer, I need to use Unrelenting just to make up for the missed attacks since it's nearly impossible to hit a survivor with the low frame rates! Please, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't release anymore chapters and mid-chapter patches until both console and PC have a average frame rate that is at least above 40 FPS! I and many others value a more stable game and playable game! Thank you for being such a wonderful development team BHVR and thank you for being so transparent to your community!
Your community member
Nick McKenzie
I just wanna stress how much I love this game, like this game is so awesome! I come to my other house every weekend to play this amazing game and it just makes me upset that I cannot play a such a wonderful game... I never been so infuriated when I played DBD both as a killer and survivor main! Sometimes when I play survivor, I end up freezing at a window and getting hit by the killer. When I play killer, I need to use Unrelenting just to make up for the missed attacks since it's nearly impossible to hit a survivor with the low frame rates! Please, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't release anymore chapters and mid-chapter patches until both console and PC have a average frame rate that is at least above 40 FPS! I and many others value a more stable game and playable game! Thank you for being such a wonderful development team BHVR and thank you for being so transparent to your community!
Your community member
Nick McKenzie
Comments
Okay I’ll discuss this topic seriously now; I do agree, the game would be much better if I could get above 30fps consistently. I have a low-end PC - it’s actually a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop - and can’t get much more than 45fps on certain maps.
The game’s skill checks mechanic and some other things are actually designed for 60fps. Because I get below 60fps, the skill check needle is... erratic sometimes. Below 60fps makes it completely impossible half the time to actually land a great, because sometimes there are no frames that have the needle in the great zone.
Don’t get me started on the console version though. The poor optimisation makes it nearly unplayable half the time. The skill checks are even worse, and the Doctor, even without having a build that makes skill checks more difficult (ie, Unnerving Presence, Huntress’ Lullaby) is pretty much brokenly overpowered on console. Hell, Ruin basically freezes the game entirely until it’s destroyed.
Thank the Entity we’re getting optimisation passes on all platforms in December. Maybe even I will be able to get 60fps then.
I normally don’t have really bad FPS issues on my normal PS4, but today was different. I was Doctor on Pale Rose and whenever I was in a chase, my FPS was taking hits left and right. I had never seen it that bad. I played Spirit on Pale Rose and I had played a Doctor game on Autohaven later and my FPS wasn’t dropping. I had also played a Doctor game earlier on Coldwind and I didn’t notice any problems. I’m thinking it’s just the combination of Doctor and Pale Rose (or maybe even Grim Pantry) that for some reason decided to mess with my FPS.
This isn't true.
Actually, the whole "game was built for 60 fps" is,
but you can hit great skill checks consistently on PS4.
Easily.
...
Devs should just abandon this game on console.
It's clear they aren't taking care of you guys.
God, on console I don't know why but I have HORRIBLE framerate as the Clown. It is a shame because I love playing him but dayum is it frustrating right now!
Grab some popcorn and enjoy the slide show. >_<