How I Would Change DS

During the last Q&A, if I'm remembering correctly, the developers said they wanted to go after the offensive side of Decisive Strike and how people are using it as a minute of being invulnerable. Note that the changes I made is a super super rough draft. I did not think about balancing issues or if there would be any gameplay issues with it so be free to share those if you think of something (but don't be rude and don't be a toxic survivor main about it unless it's a joke). Now to the change. I thought about the nerf to PGTW while creating this change.

Once a survivor has been rescued from the hook or unhooking yourself, a time starts for the next 35/40/45 seconds. If the killer starts chasing the survivor within that amount of time Decisive Strike is activated until the chase ends for 15 seconds or the survivor is downed and picked up. Decisive Strike deactivates until the survivor is saved from the next hook if a Survivor heals the survivor to injured state and 15 seconds pass or the Survivor with Decisive Strike goes into a locker.

The rest about the skill check and stun duration stays the exact same. I chose the same amount of time as Pop because if a chase hasn't started within 45 seconds you are not being tunneled. That would make no sense. I get that this change means that you would not be able to use Inner Strength until after the timer is up, but someone saved you so there's someone to heal you. It also keeps from the infamous Head On + Decisive Strike combo.

Comments