Billy's Tuned Carburetor - Lose too much for so little.
Where do I begin with this add-on?
As many of us know, Billy had his add-ons completely reworked some time ago. Notably, Billy lost all of his charge time add-ons—except 2 that exist in the form of Mother's Helpers and the Tuned Carburetor.
Now, this add-on decreases Billy's 2.5 second rev time to 2 seconds. But it comes at a heavy cost: You're now a 110% killer.
This is beyond worthless. It'd be far better if the downside was removed entirely as the only way to get anything resembling an insta-saw is to combo with Mother's Helpers that relies on survivors stunning you.
"But having it be 2 seconds at 115% movement speed would be unfair!"
We still have a killer that moves at 115% with a 2 second rev time. His name is Bubba. You might've heard of him. The only difference is that Bubba needs to be a bit closer to get you than Billy on some tiles (depending on the add-ons, tile itself, etc) but that's it.
It's sad because most of Billy's add-ons are either circumstantial or just bad. Then you have this one that could be great, but no, it has to have a massive downside. And what do you get? A somewhat faster chainsaw at the price that you're much easier to loop and can no longer properly position yourself to use your chainsaw so you simply cannot rely on your power, unlike Spirit, Hag, and Huntress whose movement speeds are lowered because they need to be reliant on their power (plus Nurse who is 100% dependant on hers).
I feel I should mention that I'm not saying this as a Billy main—in fact, I actually kinda hated him before his changes (I was on the receiving end of a lot of insta-saws). But please, take a look at this add-on. Billy's current library of add-ons are all so bad, but this one is insulting for both its downside and that it's a purple add-on!
Comments