Sigh.
Before I start this discussion, I just want this to be known that all opinions are taken into consideration. That I created this to basically vent. But Lord. Here we go.
So this was probably like my fifth or 6 game, playing a survivor. And two out of three games that I've played......the killer camped. I don't know, but to me, it seems like ever since the twins came out oh, they gave every other killer a run for their money. With Victor basically extra killer on the side, seems like every other killer has the necessity the camp. Like there were another Survivor that will come unhook me and the killer will go straight for me despite the other Survivor literally right next to me. I get it, versing 4 other people that's working on Jen's, cleansing totems, what you been looking for chests a little difficult but I really don't see the necessity to Camp one person at a time.
TL:DR: Camping is toxic and tbh should be punished for.
Comments
Camping when necessary isn't toxic. Camping at 5 gens for no reason is.
When someone picks leatherface and has no intention of playing the game at all, and just face camps you at 5 gens because they can...that is toxic; but I don't think it should be punished I think it shouldn't be possible to have a 100% perfect camp that all you can do is do gens and leave; and no one gets a proper game and people waste an otherwise fun killer match and killer to do that.
That being said, beyond that, I don't have any problem with it and don't fault killers. Hell there is still things you can do against the twins unlike leatherface. He's literally the only person I have any real issue with and if people didn't exploit his ability for it to the point it's 8/10 leatherfaces in games, I STILL wouldn't have a problem with that even.
Intentionally camping someone to death for the sake of doing it is unsportsmanlike. It's a playstyle, sure. But that doesn't mean it's justified.
Camping and tunneling will exist in this game as long as hook system exist. Whether you like it or not, the game itself pushes players to such tactics.
camping isnt toxic, it just denies a proper actual meaningful game, camping means that entire thing was just a waste of time.
Camping, tunneling, afk-ing, it all just makes that match utterly pointless.
Now DCing they can punish, but if survivors just run around throwing pallets for no reason and kill themselves on first hook, totally fine yo, go ahead, it completely "ruins the game for the other 4" like is the (flawed) argument with DCing, but its totally allowed, still completely ruins the game though.....
Anywho, I would suggest you just dip out and try again, until you get a killer who is actually a gamer and wants to play a match.