How to react to this?

Hi guys,

I have a question and basically want to hear how u would have behaved if u were in my place.


So I've been playing a lot of killer those last couple of days since I got a few days off because of Covid. During those days I had like 6 or 7 matches with survivors who appeared to be using a lagbox. Basically what happened is that I would down someone, pick them up and then carry them to the hook just to be unable to hook them. I checked my Internet connection after this happened and it didnt seem to be an issue on my hand. When I checked the ESC menu while trying to hook them their ping would just shoot up into the high thousands just to go down again immidiately after they wiggled free. One group who even admitted to using some sort of device in endgame chat I got like 3 times in those last couple of days. Also one of that group just came back from a ban on DBD it seems (not even a week ago) and is apparently at it again. But thats off topic.

So what I did when I encountered one of those groups is to try to hook someone like 2 or 3 times and then just dc. This has by now resulted in me having a dc penalty of an hour which honestly sucks. I tried staying in a match once against the upper mentioned group but they refused to do gens and just held the game hostage for like half an hour with me being unable to hook them, until I finally dced and got made fun off in endgame chat. So my questions are: Have u guys also encountered survivors that use that and what do u do if u get a group like that? It seems u can only DC or hope they do gens. But if u dc u get a penatly which honestly sucks.

Comments

  • The one thing I can think of in this situation is:

    Slug them to death. Literally, slug them until they die.

    Other than that, if you can, try to drop the surv you can't hook, pick him up again and try hooking him again. There was a bug a while back which prevented killers hooking survs. You could mostly fix that using the trick above: dropping and picking them up again.

  • Finish the match, and then report them - especially if they admit to using an exploit. Heck, take a screenshot of them admitting it

  • Ooooof, I mean I feel kind of stupid for not getting the slugging idea myself :D. Ur right thats probably the best thing I can do. Thanks


    Yeah I tried picking them up and hooking them again but it didnt fix it. Also at least the one group was openly admitting that it was a lagbox they were using so I guess it wasnt the bug.


    Well thanks again even though I feel pretty stupid now. But now I know what I can do next time this happens