Matchmaking vs level 1s
Hi All,
I started playing Killer this week and I'm a level 12.
Over the past two nights, I'm being matched up against teams of level 1s almost every game and it is very difficult to do anything.
I know I have to get better, but for someone who is just starting out and learning the ropes, its tough.
Is there anything I can do on my end to get more like-level opponents?
Comments
Hi! For future reference, please refer to your matchmaking level as "rank". The only levels in the game are the levels tied to individual characters.
Sadly, the only thing that can change who you're matched with are the ranks of players queuing at the same time as you. If you have the means, try playing at the more popular hours
There aren't enough Killers to go around. I would suggest just not playing one for now, and do Survivor. The Ques are long because of it, but I'd rather wait in line than get garbage matchmaking where you are so far outclassed that you can't even learn anything. There are lots of reasons there are too few Killers. I normally play Killer, but aside from the odd match when I'm in the mood, I'm just doing Survivor too. Until Matchmaking is corrected or the SWF are broken into their own Que, I'm just not really down with playing Killer. I'm getting matched with people I wax when I'm Killer and I don't feel good about it.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Noted on the rank, not level - sorry!
With the current matchmaking this happens all too often. In my region (EST NA) the best survivors come out at night day from 6pm on, often in teams. This includes me I'm around rank 2-3 although I'm not a very good looper.
Because solo is just so fun I team up if anyone is on Xbox, but do go it alone. Because of all this I know better than to roll out my Piggy (rank 14 on a very good day) after that time, or I'd get me and similar survivors or much much better rank 1's.
Bottom line is I suggest learning when the best play in your region and plan your gaming, either take them on or wait for the magical new MMR system.