Use oppression, trust me.
There's very few killer perks that I will use that differ from the Corrupt, BBQ, STBFL, Pop/Discordance/Brutal/Sloppy build. Considering I pretty much only play slinger it isn't really surprising that I only use a few perks, gods sake I cant remember the last time I took off both SFBFL and Corrupt at the same time.
But oh my god, oppression is so god damn fun it's unreal. It's so fun I genuinely run it with surveillance over Corrupt and my 4th perk slot.
It's actually fairly good as well as long as you aren't against a bunch of good people. To put it into reference it'll probably have an effect in 90% of the matches you play, the 10% being sweats or times where you can't get it to work.
Kicking a gen and about a second later hearing the failed skill check noise from a far away gen gives you the absolute best feeling that a perk you used actually had an effect. Same when you forget to kick a gen earlier in the match, then seeing it on 0 because you oppressioned it earlier.
So yea, if you have this perk, try it. I haven't even touched using it with synergy perks (other than surv), like pop or trail of torment.
Comments
I feel like ruin + surveillance even without undying gives you better and more information than oppression.
It's largely that there's very little warning to the oppression skill check. It basically has built in Lullaby with it.
Oppression does nothing if survivors are sitting on gens.
Oppression imo is one of these perks that could be really good, if they just werent bound to such a lengthy cooldown...
Yea, I wish the cooldown was more about 60 seconds and not 80.
Still a super fun perk tho.
honestly, once i unlocked it on more killers i am looking forward to trying it a bit.
dunno if its going to be able to replace anything in my usual perk builds permanently, but its something that im probaply gonna run at least for a little while on some killers ^^
The cooldown wouldn't be so bad if the perk didn't proc whenever you kicked a gen. Since if you kick a gen and every other gen has 0 progress it goes on CD despite doing literally nothing.
Oppression is my second favourite killer perk released this year next to Forced Penance.
You’re right, it gives a lot of value for a single kick. It either gives slow down due to regression from unattended gens, or it gives a wealth of information on where to next apply pressure.
My only complaint is I wish it didn’t proc if it didn’t affect any other gens. I.e. all you got was the regular regression from the 1 gen that was kicked, then it shouldn’t go on cooldown.
(Kinda like Surge)
Popression is a nice alternative to ruin/Undying.