How good are some killers without a certain perk?
Just a curiosity from your experiences. Like how good is Oni without Infectious. How good is Spirit without Stridor. How good is Slinger without Monitor? And any other examples. How good are they without that one perk.
Comments
Just about any killer gameplay is well manageable w/o BBQ, though it’s a rarity to play 3 consecutive survivor matches and not face a player who is running it.
BBQ gets used way too much, and unnecessarily, to earn it the bad wrap of being a crutch perk.
My only experience is playing an M1 killer (Piggy) without save the best for last. And at the rank I was at, I did perfectly fine.
Spirit is still great without Stridor. Even without hearing survivors in pain, you can still hear their footsteps and see them moving grass.
Slinger without Monitor is fine. Good even. My favorite build on him doesn't use it at all.
However, Slinger and Monitor is a case of making what the killer already does even better. I honestly find it harder to dump perks that make up for a Killer's weakness. Like running Corrupt Intervention on Trapper/Hag/Demo. I'm never going to take that perk off those 3 because they need time to set up and Corrupt is the only thing that gives them it.
Me, who uses Shadow Born on jeffslinger for the 5 degree increase
Funny this thread is stated like those are required perks.
I play Spirit without Stridor. Not because I feel guilty or it’s broken. I actually do not like the perk as survivors are too loud to pinpoint imo.
I play Oni without Infectious because I feel other perks add more value. I think I dropped Pop and IF (Junds Oni) for Ruin/Undying. I prefer Monitor over Infectious as well because the first hit is more important to me.
Well they are perks that synergize great with their power and I just asked how well do they preform without those perks. I rarely see an Oni without Infectious. Or a Slinger without Monitor.
Those killers are strong because their powers are strong. My builds are:
Spirit - PGTW, STBFL, M&A, BBQ
Oni - UD, Ruin, M&A, BBQ
Very meta builds as well.