So I don't believe I'm good at being chased,

Any particular builds, or ideas?

I don't have dead hard and have some problems looking behind me for starters.

Comments

  • Practice, grind. The only pieces of advice anyone can give you.

  • @Rebel_Raven said:

    Any particular builds, or ideas?

    I don't have dead hard and have some problems looking behind me for starters.

    Looking behind is something that you need to practice. It is similar to how when you first start driving a car and looking around and to the side for longer than a second feels really dangerous but then after a while you can do it with ease. As far as pallet stuns, even after 2k hours I cant always tell if I am going to get a clean stun(good), or a hit+stun(bad). In the end, dropping any pallet early is not the end of the world.

    As far as looping pallets, unless it is a very safe pallet, I wouldn't push it too hard in those situations against good killers. Jungle gyms are a better alternative. But often enough it comes down to vaults.

  • You don't need to run and look behind constantly. When you know what is ahead you may look behind quickly to make sure what killer is up to. If you only look at killer you will stuck into something and die. Look at killer to get info and plan your next move. Wait on corners of loops for killers red stain to know which side he come from. As survivor you can hide from killer's field of view and stil see where he go.

  • I used to feel like I suck at chases, but I know that I have improved just with repeat play and map knowledge. My tips:

    • Don't wait until the killer is right on top of you to run, because by then it's too late. When you know they're headed your way, start putting distance between them and you. Spine Chill is an excellent aid for helping you do this.
    • Look behind you a lot. You HAVE to know where the killer is, and when they are trying to head you off. And for Huntress, it helps you bait and dodge her hatchets. This is something you can learn. If you're on keyboard, you have to learn to kinda roll your fingers from W to D to S; I can do it instinctively at this point. With a controller, I imagine it's just a matter of a quick flick of the analogs.
    • Pay attention to the red stain. It always shows you where the killer is looking at that moment. This is vital.
    • Get a feel for the different structures, jungle gyms, etc. I don't know how to describe this, other than "it comes with experience." Like, I know I can usually loop well at the double-window structures, because it's easy to run the killer around and you have a lot of time when you know the killer is going around a long wall. I've watched some YouTube tutorials on how to run specific loops, but that's too much mental math and it's easier to just run on instinct and muscle memory.
    • Don't throw pallets down until you need to (this goes x100 for the shack pallet, because it's a big inconvenience for the killer). For some killers (Huntress, Doctor, Demogorgon, possibly Nurse), this doesn't always apply, and you should throw pallets early.
    • Learn to double back on the killer, fake them out at windows, abuse their lack of peripheral vision, calmly walk around behind them when you know they are stuck in the pallet-breaking animation, etc. Remember that the killer is being piloted by a human, and take advantage of their human errors.
    • Generally learn when to walk, to stop offering the killer clues.
    • Don't ever assume that crouching behind something will save you. Sometimes it will, but you can't depend on this unless the killer is really oblivious.
    • I know you said you don't have Dead Hard, but consider the other exhaustion perks, too. Though Dead Hard is useful, it's harder than the other ones to consistently use well. I vastly prefer Lithe, because it offers you the most direct control over when to activate it, and its condition (fast-vaulting a window or pallet) is usually one that is going to put a barrier between you and the killer, on top of the speed boost. It also FORCES you to pay attention to your positioning and think about escape routes as you move, which is a good habit to have. It's weaker on a couple maps (Gideon is the big one), but it's usually a great perk.
    • EDIT: Oh, one other great thing about Lithe is that it sometimes lets you pull very situational shenanigans with pallets. If a killer refuses to break a dropped pallet, and decides to chase you around in circles, a lot of times you can vault over the pallet and boost away. If you're at a gen and you know that, say, Nurse is headed your way, you can drop a pallet early and create a vault point for yourself.
  • @Rebel_Raven said:

    Any particular builds, or ideas?

    I don't have dead hard and have some problems looking behind me for starters.

    Idk what to tell you tbh. Some of the newer killers just bypass loops and give you no choice in a chase so just get lucky I've been doing

  • Run Sprint Burst and hold W.

    It doesn't matter if the killer is better than you, there's no way to outplay somebody Sprint Bursting to a safe pallet as an M1 killer.

    Just sit back and let the bullshit carry you.

  • @Bard said:

    Run Sprint Burst and hold W.

    It doesn't matter if the killer is better than you, there's no way to outplay somebody Sprint Bursting to a safe pallet as an M1 killer.

    Just sit back and let the bullshit carry you.

    The issue I have with Sprint Burst is that it makes you too conservative about running, and that leads to inefficient play and objectives not getting done quickly. You should not be slowly walking around when you know the killer isn't in the area, you should be hustling to the next gen. And if you're following my advice, this makes Sprint Burst an unreliable perk, because it sometimes won't be up when you really need it. When it IS up, it's awesome and creates a ton of distance, but it just enforces bad play in other areas if you want to have any consistent say in when you use it.

    And while I am on the subject of exhaustion perks, Balanced Landing can be super-powerful on street maps like Haddonfield and Springwood, and multi-floor maps like Gideon and Hawkins. But it tends to require a little too much planning and restricts you to a narrow area to really leverage its power on many maps.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1812339#Comment_1812339

    The issue I have with Sprint Burst is that it makes you too conservative about running, and that leads to inefficient play and objectives not getting done quickly. You should not be slowly walking around when you know the killer isn't in the area, you should be hustling to the next gen. And if you're following my advice, this makes Sprint Burst an unreliable perk, because it sometimes won't be up when you really need it. When it IS up, it's awesome and creates a ton of distance, but it just enforces bad play in other areas if you want to have any consistent say in when you use it.

    And while I am on the subject of exhaustion perks, Balanced Landing can be super-powerful on street maps like Haddonfield and Springwood, and multi-floor maps like Gideon and Hawkins. But it tends to require a little too much planning and restricts you to a narrow area to really leverage its power on many maps.

    Then don't be conservative with it.

    Don't be stupid, don't burn Sprint Burst to cover 3 meters to a gen you spawned next to, but by all means use it.

    40 seconds is basically nothing. It will usually be up when you need it.