How does banning work
So I'll admit something, I still barely know how DBD works. I recently bought The Legion and my first game went fine enough, but I later got a message by one of the people playing survivor claiming I was tunneling. Now I didn't even know what tunneling is until I looked it up and I can assure you that's not even close to what happened. Now I don't even know if they reported or not, it is mostly my anxiety getting the best of me, though I don't even know what it takes to even get someone banned, although I do assume it's rather easy, especially with people who claim it was an unfair match. I hear however that getting one report doesn't mean much, rather it's multiple reports that will get you in trouble. However I try and play as fair as I can as a killer and I don't want $80 to go down the drain with a permanent ban with false claims. So could someone please explain to me how DBD's banning policy works and a best way to avoid it?
Comments
so there are actually ingame rules,
check the useful links on the right side for them
there you can see what you did was totally fine, but on average they don't take action on the warning offenses (the non perma ban ones) unless a large amount of cases were filed in a short time (but even then they look into it to make sure before temp banning people)
there is nothing to worry about unless you were abusing exploits or cheating
You're not gonna get banned. Don't cuss people out and don't use third party programs and you're fine.
Play as dirty as you want, there are no repercussions.