Unpopular opinion: more cosmetic variety

I say this is an unpopular opinion because a lot of people say BEhaviour doesn't deserve your money because they put more effort into their monetization then the rest of the game.

When I say cosmetic variety I don't mean what the cosmetics are, I mean who they are for.

When a new survivor and killer comes out, they get the usual reskins and recolors, but they also receive a few unique cosmetics over the next few months, and then they receive nothing except for a few seasonal skins.

I think that when making skins for a character, they use their statistics to determine the most popular characters and then release skins for them exclusively, ignoring the remainder of the roster.

While not a bad business practice, it can be polarizing when skins are released for Legion, Feng or Meg, but never any cosmetics for Adam, The Plague, or Jeff.

It's not a major issue and this is only my opinion, but trying to monetize solely of the largest common denominator doesn't work forever. A variety in what they are selling would incentivize people to play different characters and look good doing it.

I accept criticism and other viewpoints, please leave them in the comments below.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I agree with you! I also think so many recolours shouldn't have existed, to make things feel more unique when a new outfit does come out.

    They could do what another game franchise does (The Sims 4) and get people's input on their favourites with polls before making them, like you say. Not everything gets chosen ofc but it always makes me personally feel more involved and valued in the way things turn out.

    It's ironic, most of the good recolors and reskins are exclusive to their mobile game. It wouldn't take that much effort to port them and they look so much better than what we've got here on literally every other platform.