Could Appraisal shift the meta slightly for killers?

With the recent Mori nerf and the introduction of Appraisal, allowing you to re-search chests for more items, could we see Franklin's start to fall into regular rotation due to the mass amount of keys?

Even before Appraisal, sometimes I was able to find two pink keys in one match with just Plunderer's alone, now with Appraisal being a thing the chances of finding a key in-game are much higher.

I never really use Franklin's but I could definitely see it becoming used a ton more and definitely see myself using it more, especially with killers who dislike the Mori changes (which I personally think they're fine).

Y'all think we're about to see an increase in Franklin's being used in matches?

Comments

  • Maybe, I rather that getting hit by the Killer always had a risk of dropping your item by default, Franklins would then increase that chance and destroy charges. You honestly telling me you got smashed by Oni's big club but you always keep grip of the flashlight? Come on now.

  • I haven't seen it in Rank 1. Waste of a perk slot.

    Haven't seen it, doubt I'll ever see it.

  • Why run Franklin's when Hoarder now exists? If no one brings a key in, and you're the kind of player to despise that item, use Hoarder and pretty much guarentee no key will be found at all. Besides, most of the time Appraisal just recycles you with brown and yellow stuff lol

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    Why run Franklin's when Hoarder now exists? If no one brings a key in, and you're the kind of player to despise that item, use Hoarder and pretty much guarentee no key will be found at all. Besides, most of the time Appraisal just recycles you with brown and yellow stuff lol

    Hoarder does not reduce the Rarity of Items found in chests anymore. (I dont know why, if I would have to guess, it was not an intended change but maybe something which was not able to be fixed...I would not think of any reason why they should intended that)


    @Topic:

    I doubt that Franklins is worth the Perk Slot. I have never used it, I rather use a Perk which helps me to win. Franklins is just annoying, nothing more. I also doubt that anyone will really run Appraisal, Plunderers Instinct is better IMO and this is also not run very often.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1807737#Comment_1807737

    Hoarder does not reduce the Rarity of Items found in chests anymore. (I dont know why, if I would have to guess, it was not an intended change but maybe something which was not able to be fixed...I would not think of any reason why they should intended that)

    @Topic:

    I doubt that Franklins is worth the Perk Slot. I have never used it, I rather use a Perk which helps me to win. Franklins is just annoying, nothing more. I also doubt that anyone will really run Appraisal, Plunderers Instinct is better IMO and this is also not run very often.

    Well that sucks. So, Hoarder now just increases chest spawns and notifies you of a survivor opening/looting them? That's pretty much Iron Maiden level of usefullness. Nice intel if you can capitalize on it, but veryyyyy niche.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1807748#Comment_1807748

    Well that sucks. So, Hoarder now just increases chest spawns and notifies you of a survivor opening/looting them? That's pretty much Iron Maiden level of usefullness. Nice intel if you can capitalize on it, but veryyyyy niche.

    Yeah, exactly. For me, it is not a big deal, since I would not have used Hoarder anyway. But I cannot imagine a real reason why they would nerf an already weak Perk, but I can totally imagine that it might have been caused problems with Plunderers Instinct. But thats just speculation.

  • No, nothing will change. Appraisal is a perk for people that want to have fun, not for people that run the small pp build. And that build sets the meta for killer, aka making gens go as slow as possible to try and make up for the fact that meta-users get second chances like killers get individual crouches.